Chapter 47

"Hey, I made sandwiches... uh-oh," Presley said as she saw Zane's face after coming into the living room.

"Presley, we're going home," Zane said dryly.

"But-"

"No buts, Presley. Please, just go get in the car. I'm tired," Zane asked, shifting his eyes to her for a brief moment. She gave me an apologetic look before she headed to the front door.

"Zane, go easy on her. This has been hard for Presley, too," I said as I stood from the couch. He hesitated before he finally agreed.

"I'll see you... around, I guess," Zane said before he left, too. I sighed in the empty house. Now to get Tyler back. I sent a quick text asking him to come over before I brought Domino into the house.

TYLER: I'll be there in ten.

I ate the sandwiches Presley made as I waited. Ten minutes later, Tyler was here, as promised. He looked worried.

"What's wrong? I thought Zane was getting released today?" he asked in a rush. I stood with a sigh as I faced him.

"He did. He's home with Presley and his dad," I explained. Tyler looked confused. I was still trying to figure out how to word what I was about to say.

"I thought he would be here with you?" Tyler said hesitantly as he looked around.

"Well, after telling him I needed a break, it would have been a little awkward for him to stay," I said, jumping straight to the point.

"You did what?" Tyler asked in surprise as his eyes snapped back to me.

"I need you, Tyler... as a friend. need... I don't know what I need, but I do know that I'm worse off without you," I tried to explain.

"But what about Zane?" he asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know," I answered honestly. Tyler pulled me into a gentle hug. I let out a breath as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I had to stand on my toes but I didn't mind.

"I'm sorry, Dria. I missed you," he said softly.

"I missed you, too," I said before I yawned. Tyler chuckled.

"When is the last time you had a good night's rest?" he asked. I shrugged. He let go before we went up to my room. I laid down under the covers and Tyler got in on top of the covers like we used to.

"We have a lot to talk about," I noted with a yawn.

"After you get some sleep," Tyler said as he draped an arm over me.

"Fine," I muttered as my eyes began to close.

"I love you, Dria," Tyler whispered as I drifted into a deep sleep.

~

He was still there when I woke up. I yawned and rubbed my hand over my stomach. Tyler was already propped up and reading a book. He smiled at me when I turned over to face him.

"Hey sleepyhead. Your sister and Ben are home. Fehtra said dinner is downstairs whenever you get hungry. Also, Aria is downstairs waiting on you to wake up," Tyler said as he turned the page. I groaned and sat up.

"Alright," I yawned before I stood and stretched. I went downstairs to see Aria flipping through channels. She had a Cassie look.

"What happened?" I asked cautiously.

"I knew you would probably be asleep but I came over anyway because this is just too good. Bitchy-boyfriend-stealer got a firm kiss in the ass by karma," Aria said smugly.

"Cassie? What happened?" I asked curiously.

"Get this... she's pregnant with Cooper's baby. When he found out, he broke up with her and came crawling back to me," she explained.

"You didn't take him back, did you?" I asked. She scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"You think I would take that lying, cheating bastard back after what he did? Come on, Dria. I have way more self respect for myself than that," Aria said. "Anyway, Cassie got an abortion to try to get Cooper back, but he's done with her for good," Aria finished.

"I kind of feel bad for her," I said honestly. Aria glared almost immediately.

"You shouldn't. She did this to herself. I didn't even do anything to her. Karma took care of it," Aria snapped. I gave her a warning look.

"She lost a baby," I reminded her.

"She killed her baby to keep a guy. Even more of a reason for her not to be pitied," Aria countered. I didn't want to talk about this anymore.

"How are my second parents doing?" I asked. Aria rolled her eyes.

"My parents are in New York for Fashion Week and left me here. Speaking of family: where's Presley? And when did Tyler start talking to you again. I thought he was on a 'Dria-strike'," Aria said in a rush. I shrugged and finally relaxed against the back of the couch.

"Zane and I are on a break... hence, Tyler is back. Zane took Presley home, but they need time together anyway. Plus, their dad is back," I explained. Tyler came downstairs and sat next to me on the couch.

"Hungry?" he asked.

"Starving," I blurted. Tyler chuckled as he stood back up.

"I'll go make a plate for you," he offered before he disappeared to the kitchen.

"If you don't marry that boy, I will," Aria said in a joking whisper. I, however, did not find it funny at all.

"Marriage is the absolute last thing on my mind right now, Ari. I can't even put on an outfit that matches right now. Plus, I'm way too young to be even thinking about getting married," I said defensively.

"Dria... you're pregnant," Aria deadpanned like I magically forgot.

"I know, and this is not how I pictured my life going at this point in time, but just because I'm having a baby doesn't mean I need to grab the nearest person and rush to the alter. I'm not so desperate for someone to take care of my baby, that I'll marry just anybody," I tried to explain.

"Tyler isn't just anybody," Aria pointed out. I glared at her in warning. Aria chuckled and held her hands up in surrender. "I'm just saying... you-know-who is prime and ripe husband material, ready for the harvest. Add in the fact that he already loves the shit out of you and your baby and viola; happily ever after in a hand basket," Aria said quietly.

"Can I be on my own without everyone trying to pair me off with someone? First Zane, now Tyler? It's okay to be alone every now and then. Plus, I need Tyler as a friend right now. I'm leaning more towards adoption anyway," I said. Aria pouted almost immediately.

"No baby shower?" she asked. I shrugged.

"If I let Fehtra adopt my baby, she'll need baby stuff, too. But I'm not even sure about that yet, so I guess we can still have the shower," I said hesitantly. Aria smiled and squealed as Tyler came back into the living room to hand me a plate.