Chapter 41

A week before Christmas, the truth finally came out.

Cassie had been fooling around with Cooper in secret which was why she kept sneaking around. Aria was crushed when she found out. Of course, the way she found out didn't help. Aria followed Cassie after school one day with me in the passenger seat. Cassie went straight to Cooper's house. Aria was upset but just to be sure, we snuck over to Cooper's bedroom window and peeked inside. Cooper was undressing Cassie at a record speed. Aria was so hurt, she just slowly made her way back to the car. I on the other hand, ad no problem barging in and cussing them out. It was the one time our roles were reversed. Cassie ran out of there upset while Cooper just looked stunned and scared. I kept it short before going and getting into the car with Aria.

She dropped me off at home and left for her house after saying that she wanted to be left alone. Tyler and Presley were waiting at my house for us.

"Where's Ari?" Tyler asked as soon as I walked in. I sighed and touched my stomach gently.

"Cooper's been cheating on her with Cassie; which is why she's been sneaking around so much. Ari went home. She said she wanted to be left alone," I explained.

"Well, shit," Presley breathed. "Did she kill them?" Presley asked. I shook my head.

"She just walked away," I answered. They both looked at me shocked.

"She must be really pissed then," Tyler said. I nodded. We were all quiet for a moment before Tyler turned to Presley. "You sure you're okay with us going for a little bit?" he asked her. She waved him off.

"Just go already. I got Domino. Plus Fehtra and Ben will probably be home after they get off," Presley said.

"I'm going to change really quickly," I said as I headed for my room. Tyler invited me over to his house for a dinner with his family. I was actually excited to meet his parents and little sister. I was also nervous too. I really wanted them to like me, and my situation probably wouldn't help me much in that area. I decided on a teal haltered sundress that flowed to a little past my knees and paired it with a white cardigan and some flats before I headed back downstairs.

"Alright, we'll be back a little later tonight," Tyler said when he saw me. I gave Presley a quick hug before I headed out the door. Tyler drove as I sat in the passenger seat, bouncing my leg nervously. Tyler glanced at me and chuckled.

"What are you nervous about?" he asked calmly as he reached over and held my hand in his. I squeezed it subconsciously.

"What if they hate me?" I asked. He shook his head with an easy smile.

"The only people who hate you, are jealous of you," Tyler said. "They're going to love you. What's not to love?" he tried to assure me. I only responded by releasing a heavy breath. Tyler's thumb rubbed the back of my hand gently.

"You have nothing to worry about," he promised. He parked the car in front of his house and came around to open the door for me. He offered me a hand out of the car and we walked to the door. As soon as he pushed it open, I smelled the wonderful aroma of Italian food. I inhaled deeply and tried to keep my mouth from watering.

"We're in the kitchen!" a woman's voice called. Tyler led me by the small of my back into where the kitchen was. A woman was stirring a sauce on the stove with a toddler on her hip. She smiled when she saw us and put the spoon down to shake my hand.

"You must by Chandria. I've heard so much about you. Tyler never shuts up about how amazing you are," his mom chuckled.

"Mom!" Tyler said in surprise. I laughed.

"Just Dria is fine mam," I replied. Her toddler started making noises and moving her hands.

"Oh! How rude of me. I'm Beth and this is Mila, Tyler's little sister," she introduced herself and the toddler. She turned to her son. "Ty, I need you to look after Mila while I finish up here. You're father will be down soon. He's in the shower," Beth explained. Tyler plucked Mila off of his mother's hip and rocked her gently as her head went to his shoulder.

"Sit tight guys, dinner is almost ready," Beth said as she turned back to her sauce. I followed Tyler into the living room. It wasn't as big as Fehtra's but it was nice. The warm colors of the brown couch and cream carpet gave the room a comfortable warmth. Tyler clicked on the TV and turned it to a kid's show. Mila crawled off of his lap and sat on the floor in front of the TV.

"Your mom seems nice," I said softly as I sat next to him on the couch.

"I told you she would like you," he said. I rolled my eyes and put my hand on my small baby bump.

"Whatever," I muttered. He chuckled lightly. He knew that I knew he was right. Mila eventually got bored with the TV and walked over to where I was sitting. Her hands pushed to my stomach as she looked at me curiously

"Was that?" Mila asked. I smiled at her as my own hands went to my stomach.

"It's a little girl," I answered her. She looked even more confused. 

"Like me?" she asked. I nodded. "I came out of your stomach?" she asked. I laughed and shook my head.

"No, you came out of your mommy's tummy," I tried to explain.

"How did I get there and she's in there?" Mila asked. This sounded like the beginning of the birds and the bees speech and there as no way I was giving that speech to Tyler's little sister. I heard the footsteps of someone descending down the stairs before a tall, slender but fit man with blonde hair and green eyes came into the living room.

"Oh, hey Ty... and you must be Chandria. Nice to finally meet you. I'm Jackson, Tyler's dad," he said as he offered his hand. I shook it gratefully; saved by the bell.

"Just Dria is fine. Nice to meet you too sir," I said, happy to change the subject. Mila smiled and held her arms up to Jackson.

"Daddy!" Mila said happily. Jackson picked her up and placed her on his hip.

"Hey, baby girl," she smiled at her. He turned his attention back to Tyler. "Mom?" Jackson asked him.

"In the kitchen," he answered. It wasn't long before we were all seated around the food at the dining room table. It was actually a nice little dinner. The food was delicious and the conversation was easy. I didn't feel uncomfortable at all. Tyler's parents didn't show any resentment towards me either. They were very open and empathetic about my situation. Mila was the cutest and silliest little girl. All in all, I was glad I finally got to meet Tyler's family. It actually meant a lot to me that he trusted me enough as a friend to introduce me to his parents.

After saying our goodbyes and promising to come have dinner with them again, Tyler took me home.

"I had fun tonight," I said as we walked up to my front door.

"I'm glad," he smiled. I unlocked my front door and left my hand on the doorknob.

"Are you staying over tonight?" I asked. He shook his head.

"I figured I could give my mom a hand with Mila tonight. Plus, if Ari comes over, I don't want her to feel overcrowded," he explained. I nodded in understanding.

"Okay," I said in response.

"I'll see you tomorrow, though," he said. I couldn't help the smile that made it's way to my face.

"Tomorrow then," I agreed. Tyler bowed and kissed my hand, making me laugh.

"M'lady," he joked. I rolled my eyes.

"Goodnight, Ty," I chuckled. He smirked at me before he jogged back to his car as I went inside.