Chapter Two

I shuffled through my room looking for some type of hat to cover my new problem.

“Why don’t I have hats!” I yelled in frustration.

“I have to go buy some.” I left my bedroom and grabbed my fur-lined jacket and my wallet.

Flipping up the hood over my head, I left my apartment. I stayed in the shadows as always and went to a clothing shop down town. When I entered I began to look around. There were different kinds of hats, but I found the most comfort in “beanies”. I grabbed three and brought them up to the register.

“Are you okay?” The cashier asked.

“Yeah why?” Clearly this guy did not know who I was.

“Your eyes look…. Big. Smoking?” He smirked.

“Yeah.” I rolled my eyes to the obvious lie.

I avoided eye contact with him the rest of the purchase. I paid and left the store. I kept back into the shadows and once I finally relaxed, something happened.

“IIIIZZAAYYAAA!” I heard my name yelled by the all too familiar voice.

“Shit, Shizu-chan.” I hissed under my breath.

On instinct, I looked back and saw him at the other end of ally. Normally, I would turn around and mess with him. Not today though, if anymore at all. There is too much of a chance he will see what happened to me. He will see how much a freak I look like. If I stay this way and don’t go back to normal, I won’t be able to be around Shizu-chan or he will see me like this. A slight pain shot through my chest and I shook off the thoughts.

I had to deal with the problem at hand. I heard him start to walk forward to me and my eyes widened. He noticed my lack of response and I could see him cock his head to the side slightly.

“Cat got your tongue, flea?” He smirked as he walked closer.

The irony of the statement made me want to stab him. Sucking in a sharp breath, I turned on my heel and booked it away from him. I could feel the shock from him. He was not used to me running away without fighting with him first.

“Don’t just run away!” He growled.

‘Don’t chase me Shizu-chan, please, not today!’ I begged him in my mind.

He was right on my tail, literally now, and I started to panic. I pushed myself harder and seemed to be able to go a bit faster than normal. I turned corner after corner to try and confuse him. I busted through one of the side doors that I knew was a staircase that led to a roof.

I slammed the door shut behind me to try and buy some time. I was up the first part of the stairs before I heard the door open and he started to make his way up the stairs too. I tried to pick up speed and get up faster. I slammed the back of my knife into the fire-extinguisher case, shattering the glass. I could feel blood start to race down my hand from the shards.

I threw the extinguisher down the stairs, aiming at Shizu-chan’s chest. He easily caught it and I kept running up the stairs. When I reached the top I whipped open the door and ran out onto the roof. Shizu-chan opened the door right after me and started to run faster to try and get me before I jumped off the roof.

I pushed myself even harder and instead of jumping down from off the building, I ran as fast as I could and when I got the ledge, I jumped as far as I could. I landed swiftly onto the roof of the building next to the one I was just on. I let out the breath I didn’t know I took when I landed. I looked back at the blonde on the other building. He had stopped at the edge and just watched me.

I smirked at him and waved. That is how I got away, by jumping from building to building until I got home. This made me more afraid for the future. So much more was at stake with him. Our fights were so carefree to me before, but now I had something to lose. Perhaps that was what upset me the most; I was now at a disadvantage. If he found out, he would have blackmail on me. He would have the upper hand and would have control over me.

“No! I won’t let it happen.”

I decided for myself. I would fight until I could fight no more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------