Chapter Nine, The End

It has been a long time since the last update and I'm very sorry. This is the original work from awhile ago that I found in my folder. I was going to re-write a new ending and make couple of more chapters, but I would prefer you guys to have the original. It may not be the best and not worth the wait, but having the original is more priceless to me than a new and improved ending and I want you guys to have it. Enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Nine:

(Izaya's Point of View)

With that he tugged off the hat and threw it aside. I watched as his light brown eyes filled with shock and confusion.

“Are those….?”

“Yeah.” My voice cracked.

I don’t know why, but I had never been so scared, but relaxed at the same time. The human part of me was terrified, but the feline part was always relaxed when it came to this stupid blonde!

He released my wrists, but didn’t turn to run like I thought he would.

“Enjoying the freak show?” My voice was full of venom and could cut like a knife.

“You have always been a freak.” He whispered.

My mouth parted slightly in surprise. He did not just say that at a time like this. I watched as he reached up and poked one of my ears. I could feel it twitch and his eyes widened.

“What are you doing!?” I growled in anger.

“Observing.”

“NO! This isn’t what is supposed to happen! You’re not acting the way you are supposed to!” I yelled as panic began to fill my voice.

Frustrated, I pushed him backwards. He caught himself and stood up. I jumped to my feet as well and puffed out in anger.

“And how was I supposed to act?” He responded with calmness that only made me more upset.

“You were supposed to run away! Call me a freak and run like any other person would! I turned into a half cat, monster thing and all you do is calmly sit there! NO! You can’t just do that!”

At this point I was gripping onto him angrily. I had grabbed onto the front of his vest with one hand and his white shirt with the other. I had balled up the material slightly in my fists and was shaking him.

“The door is right there! It’s not even locked! You can run away! Don’t just stand there. Don’t look at me like that. You’re not following the plan. You should have just left me alone, but no! You just had to know! I could have gotten that other apartment and had left town without you ever even knowing… It would have all worked out… but you had to go and ruin it! I hate you so much!”

Tears of frustration had gathered in my eyes. I was gripping so hard onto his clothes that my knuckles had turned completely white.

“You can’t just…” I shook my head.

“Accept the way you are?”

I looked him in the eyes again and didn’t say anything.

“You shouldn’t. You should be leaving me. Never to return…”

“And let you destroy this town? No way.” He smirked.

I leaned my head against his chest and sighed.

“I hate you so much.” I said softly.

We remained silent for a few moments.

“So do you eat cat food now?”

I looked up and slapped the side of his face.

“Stupid.”

I pulled away from him and sat on the couch. I watched as he walked over and sat down next to me.

“What?” I asked, feeling as though he was up to something.

He lifted up his hand and ran his fingers through my hair. My eyes shut and a loud purr escaped me. My eyes flew open once that happened and my hand flew to my mouth. I felt my cheeks burn up. I could not believe I just did that! I heard him start to laugh.

“Don’t laugh! It’s not funny, Shi--“ He cut me off by doing it again which caused me to lose my words.

“This is so amusing. I think I like you better like this.” He smirked.

“I’d like you better dead.” I hissed back.

“Sure.”

We stayed silent for a few moments until I spoke up.

“Does this mean everything changes between us?”

“Yes.”

I kept my gaze to the floor.

“But that doesn’t mean it’s for the worse.”

I looked over at him confused.

“What?”

“It’s a new game now.”

“Oh really?” I smirked, “I think I’ll win this one too.”

“You didn’t win the other one.”

“Regardless, I’ll beat you at this too.”

He scratched the side of my ear gently and another purr escaped.

“You really need to stop that.” I glared.

“No.”

I hated this blonde, I really did, but I would never wish for a day without him.

(The End)