Chapter Three

It has been three days since I have strolled around town. I haven’t seen Shizu-chan since that last day and I know he must be thinking something is up. I could only do my normal work form the computer.

However, now I had no choice but to go out. I had to get food for the house. Walking out with my normal attire would be a bad idea. The people that know me would wonder why I all of a sudden have taken an interest in hats.

I grabbed clothes that I got a long time ago but never wore. The new outfit consisted of black tight jeans with a loose-fitting, short sleeve, white shirt. I put on a black beanie and looked in the mirror.

“I look odd.” I deadpanned.

I messed up my hair more to try and make my identity less recognizable. I did a good job, I’ll admit. I just had to get in and get out, that’s all.  I grabbed my wallet and slipped it into my pocket. Locking the door behind me, I headed out.

As I walked along the side of the road, my heart began to pick up speed. At the other side of the road was Shizu-chan with that other guy. He didn’t notice me at all and I got away quickly and into the nearby food market.

I had filled up my cart for the week so I didn’t have to go out constantly and chance being caught. As I was placing bread into my cart, I heard a gasp.

“Kitty!?” Someone whispered shock.

My eyes widened in surprise and I turned my head to see that girl from a few days ago.

“I didn’t expect to ever see you again!” She started to squeal.

I clamped my hand over her mouth as people started to look over.

“Shhh!” I hissed at her, “Or I’ll force you to stay quiet.” I tried threatening her.

Once she nodded I let go of her.

“You are even cuter when you are angry! Your eyes narrowed and then dilated again when you calmed down. So cute! I just wanna pinch those cheeks of yours!”

She reached up, but I caught her hands.

“Don’t touch me.” I glared at her.

“Sorry.” She giggled. I rolled my eyes.

“Don’t cats like to be touched though?” She tilted her head in confusion.

I looked around to see if anyone could hear us. Luckily, there was no one around this area to hear at the moment.

“Well I’m not a cat, so no.” I replied sarcastically.

“You might like it.” She teased.

“Please go away.” I tried a new approach.

“But…” I scrunched my face up a bit.

“Okay fine, just because you are so cute!” She squeaked and walked away.

I sighed in relief and finished up my shopping. I paid and slung the bags up my arms. I made my way back to my apartment peacefully and put everything into its places. Now I would have food for the week as I stayed inside to avoid everyone until I figure out how to deal with or fix, my cat problem.

I’ve noticed some other serious changes going on as well over the past few days. My hearing, smell, and eyesight have gotten a lot better. My sense of touch has increased slightly as well. I also have noticed changes in my behavior such as cuddling in bed a lot more and cravings for fish and meat.

“When will this stop!” It was all too frustrating.

I wasn’t even able to dress like I used to anymore. I had to change around my appearance so no one really noticed me. The only thing that stayed normal was my activity online. That was the only way I could keep up to my usual antics.

I spent the day sitting on my couch and watching the sky get darker and darker as I lost myself in my thoughts. I had to get out and walk around, otherwise I will go insane. I wanted to go get sushi, but we already saw what happened last time.

I stood up in annoyance and decided to go and get some anyway. I grabbed my wallet and put on one of my beanies. I felt much safer at night because not as much people were out and the darkness helped to hide me.

After I bought the sushi, I went to a top of a building and sat on the edge. I watched the town play out its nightly activities while eating dinner. I finally felt like things were the old way again. I was finally able to relax a bit. Once I finished eating, I aimed the trash to over the side of the building to the dumpster. When it landed perfectly in it I smirked to myself.

All of a sudden, I felt someone grab my shoulders from behind and spin me around to face them. I knew exactly who it was. The scent, the muscles, and his touch were all too familiar. I didn’t dare look up at him; I kept my eyes focused on the ground. His grip was tight, but not enough to hurt me. I knew I couldn’t get away at this moment.

“I almost didn’t recognize you without your stupid jacket, flea. What’s with this new outfit? What are you scheming?” Shizu-chan asked.

I didn’t respond. I could feel his confusion and frustrating starting to form. I couldn’t help them smile that started to form, he was so easily angered.

“Answer me.”

“I don’t have to answer to you, Shizu-chan.”

A wave of anger washed over me when I realized something. I wasn’t trying to get away from him. Usually I would have tried to toss him off the side of the roof by now.  My body had done the exact opposite, I was completely relaxed.

‘Cats are generally submissive, devoted, and loving to one main person…’ Something in the back of my mind repeated from a book I read a long time ago. My eyes opened as I had them closed to try and not look at the blonde in front of me.

“No!” I yelled and jumped up.

He let go of me in shock.

“No, what?” He looked at me in confusion.

He took a step forward to try and get me to react. I mirror his step, but backwards. I stopped when I felt the very edge of the building ledge.

“Where are you going to run to now?” he laughed.

I went to side step around him, but he did something that shocked me. He pushed me backwards so I started to fall. A gasp escaped me and I instinctively reached out. He caught me easily so he was the only thing keeping me from going off the edge. I had made eye contact from the surprise, but quickly looked away. My body started to relax again and I felt my anger rising. Why am I doing this!?

“Are you…high?” he asked shocked.

“Like the sky, Shizu-chan.” I joked. Maybe if I was able to play this off, I could escape.

He pushed forward so I felt like I was falling again. An involuntary whimper escaped me.  I gripped so hard onto his arm, I’m sure I was going to rip his shirt.

He pulled me forward again and off of the ledge. I stood in front of him to purposefully confuse him. He expected me to run, he was ready to catch me. I had to catch him off guard.

In one quick movement, I punched him in the throat. He let go of me and started coughing. I ran to the edge of the roof where the dumpster was. I climbed down so I was only holding on by my hands to the side of the roof. I let go and dropped down onto the dumpster.

“IIIZZAAAYYAAA!” 

I smirked and didn’t stop running until I got back to my apartment. That man would be the death of me. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------