Chapter Six

“No, no, no! Shizu-chan! Stop!”

I struggled and squirmed in his grip on me. Panic had flooded my mind and body. I had to get away.

“Please, stop!”

My efforts were in vain when I was in his arms. There was a reason he was called the strongest man in Ikebukuro.

My mind was running crazy with so many thoughts. Most I wasn’t used to and didn’t want there. A rush of all different types of feelings ran through my body at the same time. I couldn’t handle this all. My strong front was breaking and I was powerless.

“Let me go!” I growled, trying to push as much anger as I could in my voice.

“Not a chance.” His voice was barely above a whisper.

“I don’t have time for this! I can’t just stand here and play with you! Just let me go! Just STOP! Shizuo!”

I stopped moving and looked right at him when I realized what I just did. I called him by his name. He raised his eyebrows and smirked slightly.

“Ahh, not –chan?” He joked.

“Shut up!” I barked back.

I had stopped struggling and was left to just breathing hard from the effort. There was complete silence until I caught my breath again and had calmed down. The thoughts and feelings began to dim to a white noise.

My vision was blurred, but I didn’t know why. That was until I felt something hot roll down my cheek. I was…crying?

Shizu-chan stepped forward and put his leg between mine so I wouldn’t be able to kick him and make a run for it. I really felt as though he could read my mind sometimes. He knew what I was going to do before I even did it.

“What do you want from me?” I whispered. He was so close I didn’t have a need to talk louder.

“What do you think, flea? I want you dead.”

“Dead, huh? You may be physically strong, but you cannot mentally handle killing me…Shizu-chan.” I laughed.

I watched his eye twitch in anger. He lifted up his fist.

“I dare you. Prove me wrong.” I taunted him.

I didn’t break eye contact with him.

“Do it” I growled, “unless…I was right…”

He pulled back his fist and I smiled at him. It all worked out perfectly. He let go of me; his anger gave me an advantage over him. I was about to move forward when we both heard someone call out.

“Kitty! No stay away from him! Don’t hurt him!”

My mouth dropped open and Shizu-chan looked over at the girl standing at the other end of the ally.

“No…” I breathed out shocked.

Shizu-chan looked at me and then back at the girl. Thinking quickly I punched him in the throat and pushed him backwards. I got steady on my feet and ran over to the girl. I grabbed her hand and started to run for my life.

She blew it! Now what am I going to do! He knew she was referring to me as ‘kitty’, I could see the confusion in his eyes.

“Damn it.” I hissed between clenched teeth.

I really had to skip town now. I couldn’t wait; I just had to get out of here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------