11

In poisoned places
We are anti venom
We're the beginning
Of the end

♡~~

(Dan's pov)

To say that what I'd done yesterday was completely and utterly idiotic, is an understatement. That night, I'd been woken up by screaming from the parental department, which caused lack of sleep, and, surprisingly, created a disgusting facial appearance for me. Fan-fucking-tastic.

I strolled to school,definitely not in he mood for anyone's crap. Obviously, the universe wasn't on my side, as I ended up bumping into none other than The-Betraying-Son-Of-A-Rock, Phil Lester. I groaned at the realisation of Phils probable need to be all sappy with his "I'm so sorry" 's and "it was for the best" 's
When in actual fact, he'll be thinking "I don't give a flying shitty-toaster about you"

So when he started his sentence, I immediately saved him the trouble. "Okay, cut the crap and go prance around with your pony friends and leave me alone, Phil, because I want to have nothing to do with you. And when I say nothing I mean, absolutely nothing. I can spell it out for you if you want, N-O-T-H-"

"Dan! Shut up would you? Jesus Christ.... I just wanted to say that I'm sorr-"

"Yeah and I don't want to hear it you back stabbing son of a fork, so just head on your way and - oh look, your play buddies are coming, that's my cue." I shrugged my backpack further up my shoulder and ran to school. Wow, where did the sass come from...

Throughout the school day, I felt Phil giving me sneaky glances. Perv. I was having no problem until lunch. Typical time to pick on a punching bag.

"We didn't like what you said about us yesterday, Howell." Martyn sneered, every one's eyes on us.

"I can imagine, who would like to have insults thrown at them, hmm?"
I muttered, sarcastically.

"You've got some real nerve, you slut"

"And even I wouldn't fuck you."

I could literally see Martyn's blood pressure rising, his face turning red. He grabbed my collar, and pulled me up close to his stinking, rotting teeth. "You should get a mint" I gasped.

Woah wrong move Dan..

He threw my body a few metres back, but managed to position it so that my head would hit the corner of a lunch table. I gasped, not so much because of the pain, but because of the eruption of colours and stars. "You need a lesson on how to shut your fucking mouth, Howell." He said, sauntering towards me. Upon reaching my dazed self, he threw kicks and punches, he even added in the occasional elbow, but the strangest thing happened. I didn't feel it. I didn't feel.

☆~~~~|~~~★

(Phils Pov)

Dan was left in the lunch area way after the bell rang, and although you could obviously see he was hurt, due to the blood dripping in rivulets from his body, his face remained neutral. He just sat. Not moving. His mouth was in a thin line, his eyes focused on the blank wall. He hadn't even noticed me sitting behind him.

"You really need to decide if you're their friend or not." He suddenly croaked. So he did notice me.
"W-what?"

"You know exactly what I mean, you fucking retard. One minute you're at their sides, being their bitch and one minute your helping me or begging for forgiveness. Pick a side. Because you of all people should know you can't be on both."

And I did.

I guess peer pressure had had such an effect on me, that I hadn't realised what the counter actions of my actions were. And Dan is a perfect example. A young, kind boy sitting in a mouldy cafeteria, broken beyond repair. And me. Struggling and moping over choosing which group of friends I wanted to be with. The victims or the bullies. Because in this school, it's kill or be killed. And Dan was in the process of being killed, me partaking in the killing.

But choosing his side would be social suicide. I'd become - and I know this sounds horrible, but I'd become like Dan. Broken. Beaten.
So which to chose?

♧▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶

(3rd person)

Dan sat in silence, waiting for an answer from Phil, and Phil sat contemplating his options. Eat or be eaten.
And at the moment, he was leaning more to the side of Eat. Although that could just be because he was hungry, having not eaten at lunch.

Dan's head was covered in blood from the table (which also had a fair coating of Dan's blood on it.) He tried desperately to wipe the now drying blood off of his tattered body, but to no avail. It was weird for Dan. To not feel. He could very easily see the cuts on his body that Martyn's steel-studded shoes had left behind, but he couldn't feel them. It was almost as if the injuries were fake, applied by the finest make up artist available. But he knew they weren't, which worried him more, for it is always better to feel than to not. But at that moment, Dan was void of emotion or his sense of touch.

Phil still hadn't answered him and the cafeteria had grown eerily silent. Dan had almost given up hope when Phil spoke.

"I've decided."

♡~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~♥

HEYYY sorry for Le short chapterios but I'll give you a double update instead. ~(^o^)~

Anyhoo, so Dan's getting his sass switch on (I knew he was a SASSquatch)
Haha I'm so funny *leaves*

*comes back* HA THOUGHT YOU COULD GET RID OF ME THAT QUICKLY? WELL THINK AGAI- *trips* *dies*

Xx