13

You've arrived
At
Panic station

◆~~~◇

(Dan's Pov)

As the days trailed on I got worse.

Memories of the day at the beach consumed my thoughts. The kiss, my rejection, the running, the rain. The kiss.

I hadn't spoken to Adrian or my parents. I hadn't spoken to Louise. I hadn't spoken to Brendon. I hadn't spoken to Phil.

I hadn't even gone to school. I was a mess. It was obvious. An unfixed mess. I'd avoided Phil as much as possible, when seeing him in the streets and at shopping malls. He didn't make sense. Why didn't he make sense? People are normally so easy to decipher, for me, (blame Sherlock) but Phil.... He was always changing. Being a bully, being nice, punching me, kissing me,what next? I do admit that he was a little attractive. It's probably just because he's like an artists dream. His whole self contrasting with his whole self, a whirlwind of beauty.

But I couldn't think like that. He was so unreachable. Partly because he was basically my arch enemy, and partly because he was lost. He was so confused. It was blatant. I groaned and put my head in my hands. This wasn't okay. I needed to get out. To get out of this mess.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤|||¤¤¤¤¤|||¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"DANIEL IS FINE! IT'S US THAT AREN'T! WE NEED TO SORT THIS RELATIONSHIP OUT OR-"
My parents were screaming downstairs. Again.

"Oh would you two shut up! Sherlock is on, bloody hell." I shouted, silencing the two. Finally, peace and quiet. And Sherlock, of course.

I was re watching season two (the most emotional one, by far) when my mum sat on the couch next to me. "Daniel-"

"Dan" I corrected.

"Dan, I know you're irritated with your father and I-"
I scoffed.
",but I don't think it's kind for you to speak to us like you just did."

I paused the show and turned to her.
"It sure isn't kind, but since when have you two ever been kind? I take after you anyway."

She gasped, "Dan! Where is this attitude coming from?"

I ignored her question (which was likely rhetorical) and continued, "Are you two even married anymore? I mean dad's always in a bar and you, you always have a random stranger in between your thighs-" a strange sensation spread throughout the left side of my face like wildfire. She slapped me. She actually slapped me. Surely I'd had enough of that. (Even though I couldn't feel the pain anymore, the fact that my mother had hurt me baffled me. )

I stood up abruptly, looked down and her teary face with a glare and stormed off to my room. I was acting like a sulky teenager. Well, I was.

I pushed open my door aggressively and almost fell back down the stairs when I saw a figure standing by my bed. "And who the fuck are you?" I growled.

"Dan, chill, it's me." Phil said from where he was standing. I huffed and stalked through my room to the bathroom to inspect my cheek. "How did you get in here?" I asked, lightly pushing on the red hand mark on my face.

"You don't sound surprised," I wasn't, "I climbed through your open window."

"That's a bit creepy, don't you think?"
I trudged back to the bed half of my bedroom and turned the light on.

"Well I jut wanted to- what happened to your cheek!?"

"Nothing. You just wanted to what?" I slipped off my sneakers and pulled out sweat pants and a comfortable top.

"Talk to you I guess. About... you know..."

"No, I don't. So if you would so kindly elaborate I would be very grateful."
I pulled off my jeans, not caring that Phil was in the room, but I could hear him sharply inhale. I pulled on the sweat pants, awaiting his answer.

"W-well, about the day at the b-beach..."

I pulled off my top. "Yes, what about it?"
The comfortable top I'd chosen was pastel green with an oak Tree leaf in the middle of it.

"Well, we kissed?"

"Uh huh."

"And...... that doesn't bother you?"

"It meant nothing. I've deleted it from my hard drive," I turned to look over my shoulder, "that's my brain, If you haven't gathered..." I turned back to my adjoining bathroom and grabbed my toothbrush.

I walked back to face a frowning Phil when I'd started brushing my teeth. "What?" I mumbled.

"It meant nothing to you?" He almost whispered.

I took my brush out of my mouth to reply, "Of course the didn't. We're basically arch enemies, it can't mean anything."

"Oh." He said and slumped onto my bed. I rolled my eyes and went to spit out the foul foamy stuff from my mouth.

"So....." I muttered once back before Phil, leaning on the wall.

There was silence.

"Um, if that's all you wanted to say, maybe you should go."

He slowly stood up and walked to my bedroom door. "I'm sorry. For all the stuff I did to you, Martyn did to you, I'm just sorry."

"Yeah Yeah, heard it all befor-"

He cut me off with a kiss to my cheek. 

Then he was gone.

Now that was uncalled for.

◇~~~~~◆
(Phil's Pov)

I stumbled out of Dan's room, not caring that his family didn't know who on earth I was, and ran out the front door.

Couldn't he see? Couldn't he see that I try so hard!

I felt angry. And sorrowful. And anxious. And- the list goes on. I just didn't know what to do. Originally, on that day in the cafeteria when Dan 'oh-so-kindly' asked me to chose between him and my brother, I'd obviously gone for my brother.

He's my brother for God's sake.

But now I'm regretting that decision. What Martyn does is wrong. It's evil and cruel. And Dan? He just humbly sits through it and acts like he doesn't feel a thing.

I just don't know what to do.

Because mow I'm gaining feelings for Dan that I never wanted before.

♡~~~~~~~~~||~~~~~~~~~♥

I AM SO SORRY.

Well now that's out of the way.... loljk but srsly guys it's school again and I'd much rather be updating then learning about a triangle so I'm sorry I'll try update frequently ^-^

Xx