Prologue

Louis's POV
I walk down the street, a bag in my hand. The temperature is low enough to wear a jacket but not freezing. I just went shopping today.

My parents are rich so I don't really need a job. They pay for my apartment and keep my bank account full so there's really no need for a job.

I pass by an alley way and I feel a hand pull me in, going over my mouth. I drop my bag and instantly fight back. I spin around and I'm able to punch the person's jaw.

Fuck. That hurt.

I instantly feel myself get hit in the face and I fall to the ground. I feel my head hit the concrete and I groan, my eyes instantly go fuzzy. I see their figure get tackled down and I close my eyes, trying to stop the throbbing in my head.

I feel the ground spinning so I instantly open my eyes again. I stare at the night sky and I hear thumping noises.

"Fuck you." I hear. Footsteps approach me and I slowly roll onto my stomach, lifting my body slowly. "Stay still." A deep voice says. I feel a hand wrap around my waist and lift me up.

He places me on my feet and I instantly lean against the brick wall for support.

"Are you okay?" He asks. I watch him and shrug. "Let me take you home." He says. I nod and he grabs my wrist, dragging me to a black Range Rover.

He opens the door and helps me in, his hand resting on the small of my back as I step in.

Oh.

It smells really good.

I lean back against the seat and he leans in, getting close to me.

"Wait here. I have to go do something." He says quietly. I nod slowly and he shuts the door. I close my eyes and listen to the sound of cars passing.

I hear the trunk open and I keep my eyes closed. It closes moments later and I open my eyes, looking out the window.

He opens his door and climbs in, starting up the car and pulling onto the road.

"How's your head?" He asks, glancing over at me. I slowly turn my head to look at him, taking in his features. "I asked you a question." He says. I shrug and he sighs, pulling over.

"W-what are you doing?" I ask. He turns on the light in his car and reaches across the middle console. He pulls open one of my eyes and then the other.

I groan in protest and then he grabs my chin, looking at me straight on.

"You have a concussion." He says, turning the light off and pulling back onto the road. I stare at him and watch how he tensely sits at he wheel. His eyebrows are furrowed and he stares harshly at the road. I look back to the window and close my eyes. "Keep your eyes open." He says harshly.

"'M tired." I say, slowly opening my eyes.

"What's your name?" He asks, glancing at me.

"Louis." I say shortly. "Why can't I sleep?" I say, slightly mad he won't let me sleep.

"Because. How old are you?" He asks next.

"Um? 19." I say, having to think for a second. He speeds up slightly and swerves around the cars.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"Get out." He says angrily.

"I hate the hospital." I say, crossing my arms.

"You're acting like a child." He says, gripping the wheel tighter.

"So?" I say, pouting further.

"Get out the car Louis." He says. I stare at him and he doesn't say anything. I finally get out and his car speeds away.