Five

Please remember Harry has schizophrenia and his behavior in this chapter is because of that.

Louis's POV
I wake up and I'm wearing what I was wearing yesterday. My covers are up to my chin and my curtains are closed. I hear someone's feet softly stomping around the apartment. I get up slowly, stretching before walking into the kitchen.

I see Liam making toast, getting ready to leave for work.

"Hi babe." He says softly. He kisses my cheek and places a steaming cup of tea in front of me.

"Did Harry leave?" I ask grabbing the tea and humming at the feeling of the warmth against my palms.

"Yeah I heard him leave pretty late." He says. I think back to last night and vaguely remember him tucking me into bed and softly whispering goodbye.

"Oh, okay." I say, slightly frowning. He hums softly before he grabs his keys and says goodbye, heading out the door for work.

I remain sitting at the counter. I hear the doorbell ring and I get up, softly padding to the door. I pull it open and see a police officer.

He's the one who talked to me in the hospital about my attack.

"Officer Malik?" I ask.

"Hi Louis." He says. I let him in and we sit on the couch. He hands me a pastry and a tea.

"About your case." He says quietly. "I couldn't find anybody who fit the description." He says, sipping his tea. I take a bite out of the muffin and sigh.

"It's alright. Can't get everyone." I say. He looks at the clock and sighs loudly.

"I'm really sorry. I am. I can imagine how scary that must be knowing he's out there." He says, looking down at his hands. I just nod and sip my tea, shifting in the uncomfortable silence. "Just give me a call if anything happens. Here's my personal number." He says, scribbling down his digits on the receipt from the place he got the tea and pastries.

He gets up and I walk him to the door. I pull it open and a blonde haired boy is revealed, his hand up like he was just about to knock.

Jesus, can I get ready before fucking everyone comes over.

"Oh, hi!" He says excitedly. Officer Malik squeezes by the lad mumbling a goodbye before I turn my attention to the over hyper boy.

"Yes?" I ask, looking him up and down.

"I actually just moved in. Just wanted to say hi." He says loudly, causing me to flinch. I rub my eye with my fist and then wave.

"Well hi." I say.

"I'm Niall." He says, reaching his hand out.

"Louis." I say back, grabbing his hand. He basically pulls my arm off with how hard he shakes it and I grunt, pulling it away from him.

"Well I'll see you around, Neil." I say, shutting the door before he can say goodbye. The kid is like a puppy. I stand by the door, listening to his footsteps echo down the hall.

I sigh and decide to get dressed for the day before anyone else comes over. I turn on my shower, waiting till the water is hot and I step in (naked of course).