Chapter 16

Licy's POV.

Once we're back in the car we drive back to the pack house, I can tell that Warren seems to be in a brooding mood so I leave him to it. I'm so excited for when we get back! I haven't let my wolf out in so long, it's been two weeks! I can tell she's gotten antsy and has been wanting to get out. She's practically bursting with anticipation.

Once we finally arrive back at the pack house we pull into the drive way. We get out of the car and head outside to walk to the forest, Warren and I have seen each other naked countless of times so we get undressed together. I'm just glad that none of my scars are easily visible, if they were I would not be changing with him or allow him to even see me completely naked. Once we've both gotten undressed we rest them together on a tree branch so they are easier to find later.

This is where we slit apart. Shifting into your wolf is very personal, not only do you not look your best, it is also a time where you are at your most vulnerable. Unless shifting in an emergency or if you are in front of your true mate, are you allowed to shift in front of others.

I go behind a thick tree close by to the one Warren is near and begin my shift. I'm so glad after the first shift the pain of shifting never happens again, not that I can't handle it. It feels as though you are having some sort of release, like that good feeling you have after you crack your knuckles or adjust a bone in your body. It feels so good, like you were just given the opportunity to relieve tension in your body.

Once I'm done I slowly look around the tree to make sure Warren is done, although I don't hear the snapping of bones anymore because the process for when your bones are settling into their new form is actually quiet.

I don't see Warren anywhere, suddenly I feel a nip on my tail and I jump and move away from whatever is behind me as a small growl rips from my jaw. I turn around to see Warren behind me rolling back and forth on the ground in laughter. I quickly go over and place my front paws over him as a nibble at his ear playfully growling. Before he can even move I take off running from him, I love being chased.

I knew I would need time to get away fast enough as he is so much stronger than me and would catch up in no time. 'Don't let him catch us! Try and hide so when he comes by we can pounce on him in surprise!', my wolf laughs in my head with a mischievous lilt to her voice. Although he is not our mate she has feelings for Warren and loves playing tricks on his wolf.

We run for a while, the breeze flowing through our golden fur as we focus on the freedom of being out and not having a care in the world. She hardly ever gets out as he never lets us run. Using it as a way for control over us and making my wolf feel caged in. 'Let's not think about that now, I don't want him to ruin every happy moment we find." She's right, the more I allow it to bother me the more control he has over me. It's nice to be able to talk to her, because of him she doesn't come out too much as he's beat her into silence. I know she's there for me when I need her though.

I fall to the ground as something jumps on me, he caught us! I guess we were to distracted to realize he was catching up and was just behind us. We roll over and over again in the dirt with me attempting to gain the upper hand, I'm lying on my back with Warren standing over me, our chests almost pressed against each other. As we both try to calm our rapidly beating hearts, Warren crouched lowly so his whole body is pressed against me and he leans his face towards my neck. All I can see is his dark black fur and nothing else. He begins to slowly move against me and he licks the area where my neck and shoulder meet. A light growl leaves my lips as my wolf's body reacts to him; his warmth suddenly leaves me and I'm left in a daze as I look to Warren to see that he's in a mental battle with him wolf. I look at him confused and slightly hurt, why would he draw away from me like that? He's never done something like this before. He looked up at me with a strange expression on his face as if he had come to some sort of silent conclusion, I couldnt understand the look in his eyes, his face was so hard.

My brain is to overwhelmed with hurt to understand why he pulled back, I knew he wanted me but it was as if something was keeping him back. This made no sense at all.

*****

After our little mishap, we ran back together to where our clothes were. Warren again was in a brooding mood but this time it was different. He seemed to draw away from me, when I tried to run close to him and allow our fur to brush against each other but he would move away. I didn't understand what was happening, and my wolf was wimpering in my head. We were hurt and confused by Warren's actions, the day started out so well and now all I could feel was a pain in my chest.

Once we reached where we left our clothes I went to the tree I was at before and shifted back. As I walked out from behind it I could see Warren putting his clothes on in a rushed manner. I walked over and put my clothes on too, before I even had my shirt on Warren was walking away from me without even a glance in my direction.

I felt another stab of pain in my chest. Why was he being so distant, couldn't he tell he was hurting me? I quickly walked after him, "Warren baby, what's wrong? Talk to me." I caught up and put my hand on his shoulder but he quickly shook it off. In a strained voice he answered me "I'm fine Licy, look I think you should go. I'm sorry but I don't think I'll be much fun tonight. Just go home."

I pulled back quickly, shocked by his words. What is going on? I'm so confused, I have no idea what's happening! "Are you sure Warren? You seem tense, maybe I can help you out with that?" I say invitingly, but instead I watch as his shoulders tense even more. "No Licy, I just need to be alone."

"Oh, uhm, okay. I'll go, just call me if you need anything." I say as I head towards my car, he doesn't say another word as he walks off to the pack house while I'm standing there watching him. I turn away and get in my car, I turn the keys that I left in the ignition and pull out of the driveway to had back home. This has been the weirdest date ever.

_________________________________________
Hello my lovelies, I hope you liked this chapter. To be honest I'm not too fond of it. I tried to give a better idea of her wolf as I feel I do not bring her up enough.

Tomorrow I start my last year in my college program. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to write. I'll do my best! Please politely remind me of I'm posting.

-Viorra