Cooking & Lunch

Beca POV
"Chloe!" I groan as she throws flour at me. "It's everywhere!" She skips over to me and pokes me on the nose.
"Good! Even more for you to clean up." She laughs and twirls out of my reach.
"Why are you even using flour? Aren't you cooking?" I grumble.
"I'm baking a cake for after dinner, silly." She says, putting the tray in the oven with her cute little mittens on.
"I still can't get over your apron." I tell her, standing on the other side of the counter.
"But it's cute!" She insists. I shake my head and laugh.
"No, it's dorky." I say with a smirk.
"Says the biggest dork in the house!" She laughs.
"That's debatable." I grumble.
"Fat Amy!" Chloe yells.
"What?" Fat Amy yells from the lounge room.
"Who's the biggest dork in the house?" Chloe yells again.
"Beca!" Fat Amy answer instantly. I groan.
"Thanks Amy!" I yell sarcastically to her.
"Fat Amy!" She corrects me. Chloe grins at me.
"See?" She says smugly.
"Yeah, well, that's one person." I say and a mischievous glint enters her eyes.
"We'll see." She says. I look at her suspiciously. Her eyes sparkles. Man, I love it when they do that.
"Wanna help me frost it?" She asks excitedly. I raise an eyebrow.
"Uh, no, not really. I don't cook." I say. Chloe rolls her eyes.
"It's not called cooking it's called baking and you don't even have to make it." She says with a smile.
"Fine but don't expect much." I say with a sigh.
"Who would ever expect anything of the famous Beca Mitchell?" Chloe says mockingly with a grin. I roll my eyes but can't help to smile at her.
"How about I'll stick with sarcasm and you stick with baking?" I grin and walk around the counter to grab a knife and some frosting. She laughs. We finish frosting the cake a brilliant blue, almost the same as Chloe's eyes but her's are way more beautiful then any frosting ever could be.
"Okay, I'll finish off here and you go set up the table?" She says and I grab the chicken.
"Fat Amy! Come and help with serving dinner!" I yell at her while carefully putting the chicken on the table. She comes into the the dining room with a salad and wearing a smirk.
"Did you already eat the cake?" I ask with a smile.
"No, it's too perfect to eat." She says, still wearing a smirk. I raise an eyebrow.
"What's that suppose to mean?" She just smiles.
"You'll see." I give her a puzzled look but start setting the table.
"Who's eating with us?" I ask Fat Amy as she sits down.
"Stacie, Aubrey and Lily." She starts putting food on her plate.
"Wait for everybody else." I scold her. She groans but puts the plate down.
"So, Aubrey's coming?" I ask, trying to act casual. Fat Amy gives me a look.
"Yes, so no fighting. Chloe wants this to be special."
"Why?" I ask and Fat Amy gives an exaggerated sigh.
"It's your birthday Beca!"
"Dammit." I mutter under my breath. She wasn't meant want to find out. "How'd she know?" I ask, louder this time. Fat Amy rolls her eyes.
"Chloe knows everything, you should have learnt that by now." Just then Chloe walks in.
"Yes, I do. Now, where are the others?" Chloe says, looking around.
"They're in our room." Fat Amy says.
"What? Why our room?" I groan. Fat Amy's eyes sparkle with mischief.
"You'll see." I groan again as she says that again.
"I'll go get them!" Chloe says cheerily and leaves. The door bell rings.
"That'll be Aubrey." Fat Amy says.
"I'll go." I say and leave. I open the door to see Aubrey. No different from last time. Well, except clothes. I raise an eyebrow. "Wasn't expecting to see you here." I lie.
"Surprise." Aubrey says in a sarcastic tone. I roll my eyes.
"Come in. I assume you know where it is." I follow Aubrey into the dining room. The other girls are already there and sitting down. There is a spot at the head of the table and a spot next to it, in front of Chloe, next to Stacie. "Former captain." I say, bowing mockingly, pointing to the chair at the head of the table.
"Uh uh." Chloe makes a negative sound and says, "Beca, you're there." Aubrey smirks at me. I sigh and sit down. I have learnt not to go against Chloe. It usually results in puppy dog eyes or tickle fights and since she's stronger then me it's more one sided then one would think. Aubrey sits down next to Stacie. I raise an eyebrow in the direction Fat Amy. Knowing she did it on purpose. Along with Bloe Fat Amy also likes the idea of Stacie and Aubrey together but I don't know what she calls it. She nods with a smile. We start to eat.
"So, Chloe. How did you find out about my birthday?" I say and take a bite of chicken. She winks at me.
"You'll never know." She says cheekily. I raise an eyebrow.
"Oh, really?" I ask and she nods. "Watch your back Beale." I say with a smirk. Her eyes sparkle. I love it when they do that. I her Aubrey snort. I turn to her.
"Would you like something?" I snap.
"I just don't believe a shorty like you could ever get anything out of Chloe." She says with a smirk. I open my mouth to make a retort but I feel a hand on my shoulder. I take a deep breath and clench my fists, knowing Chloe doesn't want a fight.
"At least I get affection." I say and turn my attention back to Chloe. Aubrey gives me a confused look but I hear Amy snort. Chloe smiles gratefully at me.
"Thanks." She says.
"I couldn't ruin all of your hard work now, could I?" I say and stick out my tongue. She laughs.
"So, how's your mix coming along?" She asks. I stare at her, shocked.
"How'd you know I was working on a mix? I only worked on that when everyone was asleep!" Then I realised, everyone but Amy. " Amy!" I say. She was too guilty to even correct me.
"It might've come up." I hear her mumble.
"Don't blame her," Chloe says with a grin, "I bribed her." I raise an eyebrow.
"How long as this been going on?" Chloe gives me a sly look.
"A little while." I roll my eyes.
"Of course." I say.
"So is it almost finished?" Chloe asks excitedly. I give a sigh.
"Yeah but you are not hearing it." I say sternly.
"Why?" She asks, pouting.
"Because.." I search my mind for a reason. I smirk. "Because it's not finished."
"But when it is?" She asks pleadingly. That mix is never going to be finished if Chloe wants to hear. I chew my lip.
"Fine." I think it would give a little too much away of my feelings.
"Yay!" She squeals.
"I doubt she'll finish it now." Aubrey says.
"Dude! That's not okay." I say to Aubrey. She raises an eyebrow questioningly.
"What's not okay?"
"Reading my mind like that!" I say, still shocked. Chloe pouts again.
"You're not going to finish it?" She asks, still pouting. I sigh. Aubrey just smirks.
"Told you so."
"Shut up and go back to flirting." I snap at her. She just gives me another confused look. I turn back to Chloe.
"Chloe, you can't listen to all of them."
"Why not?" She asks stubbornly.
"Because some of them are personal." I mumble and lower my eyes. I flick them up see her eyes sparkle with mischief.
"I'm definitely listening to those now." She says and I smirk.
"You don't even know my password."
"Oh, don't I? Miss 1847?" My mouth drops open.
"How..how in the world?" Chloe just smirks. I grumble and go back to eating. When everyone's finished I help Chloe clear up. People get up to go.
"Wait! We have cake." Chloe says and everyone sits back down. Amy starts smirking again. I go to help Chloe bring it in. "Sit down. It's meant to be a surprise." I frown at her.
"But I helped you bake it." I say.
"Correction, you helped me frost, now sit down." She pushes me back on my chair.
"Damn Chloe and her strength." I grumble under my breath. Aubrey laughs and I shoot her a glare. Chloe brings in the same beautiful blue cake, similar colour to her eyes but not as pretty. It was now covered in white flowers and had words on it that I couldn't read. As she placed it on the table everyone starts laughing. Being short, I couldn't quite read what it said. I stood up and it said 'Beca's a Dork' in beautiful swirly icing.
"Chloe!" I groan and slump back in my chair.
"Happy birthday my little dork!" Chloe says happily. I roll my eyes.
"Thanks, I guess." I grumble. She leans down and gives me a hug.
"You get one free piggyback ride." She promises. I smile at that.
"Well, are we going to eat it?" Fat Amy demands. Chloe nods and we dig in. I'm pretty sure Fat Amy had four or five pieces but no body really cared. I must admit it was one of the best birthdays I've had, even if we did watch a movie after dinner. The others got up and moved to the lounge room. I went to go as well but Aubrey stopped me.
"Wait, shorty." I turn to look at her. Once everyone goes she slips a small box onto the table.
"I got you a gift," she mumbles, "it's so you don't have to wear those ear monstrosities anymore." She says a little louder. Slightly touched, a little annoyed at the comment but still touched I touch her shoulder and murmur a sincere thanks. She flips her hair.
"Whatever." She leaves the room. I pick up the box and open it. They were the most beautiful studs I had ever seen. They were almost exactly like Chloe's eyes, they even sparkled. I put the lid back on and go into the lounge room.
"What are we watching?" I ask and sit down next to Chloe on the lounge.
"The Wizard of Oz." Chloe answers.
"Again?" I whine.
"It's my favourite." Chloe replies.
"Why?" I ask curiously.
"I just find it so.." She pauses, looking for the right word. "magical." I roll my eyes but I find it cute.
"I better be getting my piggyback later." I grumble.
"You will, I promise." Chloe answers.
I have to admit, it was a good day.

A/N
Okay you got me, I'm a bit of Staubrey as well! My italics button isn't working which is really annoying me but I'll live. I think in the next one shot it will be with the commissar but we'll see! I've got an idea for it but it's not forming properly!