Chapter Four: 'Tonight should be Intresting'

THIRD PERSON | POV

Both girls held hands and took deep breaths before exiting the room. They walked out to the party, exchanging greeting with the other guests.

Something caught Maya's eyes from the corner of the room and her mouth parted slightly. "You've got to be kidding me." she said in disbelief.

Riley followed her gaze in confusion, as her eyes settled on the sight she felt the color drain from her face. "What are the odds.." She mumbled.

Across the room both boys, Lucas and Josh, were seated next to one another having a discussion.

"Unbelievable" the brunette muttered.

"What reason could those two possibly have to be speaking to one another!?" Maya said through gritted teeth. Riley shrugged slightly.

Suddenly a voice rung out from behind them, breaking their train of thought. "Ladies!" The familiar voice called.

Maya and Riley felt small smirks spread across their face, as they both turned around. "Farkle!" The girls said in unison.

"How are my two favorite ladies, aside from my beloved isadora, that is." He asked wrapping his arms around them.

"Just great." Maya said flatly.

Riley didn't answer her gaze wondering over to the boys in the corner. Farkle followed her gaze, being the Genuis that he was he pieced two and two together.

"Boys?" He asked simply.

"Boys" the girls sighed in unison.

"You two should talk to them. Tell them the truth, your night would go way smoother without all these secrets" he said looking at the girls knowingly.

"It's not that simple Farkle." Riley said flatly.

"Besides even if it is, we have no idea what your referring to." Maya said trying to play it off like she could care less. The other girl followed suit and nodded in agreement.

"Whatever you say ladies." Farkle said shaking his head, walking off towards Smackle, leaving both Riley and Maya alone with their current situation.

"Tonight should be interesting." Farkle said as he took a seat beside Smackle.

M A Y A
I grabbed Riley's hand pulling her away, so that the boys were out of our view. This was Riley's party, the party she had been excited about for weeks, I wasn't about to let two boys spoil our fun.

No matter how cute a certain older boy looked tonight. Not to mention my inability to get him out of my Mind.

Maya thought to herself.

"Hey we're fine. It's not like we have to deal with them all night." I said smiling at Riley trying to sound reassuring. A big part of it was to make her feel better, but another was really just to settle my own thoughts.

She gave me a half smile, but an unsure glance.

"Riley relax. You don't have to deal with Lucas if you don't want to. You can just hang out with Gardener." I said with a smirk, turning my head, motioning to the boy stealing glances at Riley from across the room.

"Right.." She said with a quite tone. "Charlie." She said almost in a disappointed tone.

I turned my head back towards her, tilting my head slightly. "Is there something wrong sweetie?" I asked her curiously.

Riley shifted uncomfortably. "N-no everything's fine." She stuttered slightly shaking her head.

I glared at her knowing something was up, but I decided to let it go for now.

"Riles ease up." I said taking her hand and twirling her around to the music. She erupted into a fit of giggles as she danced next to me.

I let her go once the song had finished and smiled widely. "See. Everything's all good" I said cheerfully. I began to walk amongst the crowd Riley following close behind.

"Besides there are so many people here, I doubt we'll even run into..." I started to say before I felt my body collide against someone else, causing me to stumble back a little.

Before I knew what was happening I felt two hands on either side of my waist steadying me. "Woah." The familiar voice said softly.

"I'm so.." I started to say as I glanced up. My eyes suddenly widened as I saw his face.

It was him. Of course it had to be him.

Josh.

Josh Matthews.

Uncle Boing.

Why'd it have to be him? I thought to myself, as I stated at him in silence.

"You were saying?" I heard Riley whisper behind me. She had said it low enough so nobody could here, but I heard it.

I heard it.

<-------------------------------------------------->

NOTE:
Sorry for the slow start guys... Things are going to start to pick up real soon. Well technically they already have.. But you know. ;)

"So many people at the party" she Said.
"We probably won't even run into them" She said.

Oh Maya, you should know better than to make these assumptions, now look what's happened.