Three

He is cute, no scratch that he is ... I don't even know how to describe him to begin with, let alone the minds wander off. I wonder how it looks down there .... OK! Rose stop right there I told myself, I don't want to grasp too much information thank you.

On my way back to the kitchen where my name was being yelled by Beatrice, I took three steps backward and something sparkled from the tiles curiosity got the better of me. So I picked up the object and I saw that it was a male wrist band who does it belong to?

Lost in my thought again, it has become a habit of mine. I didn't realize someone was standing few feet away from me

" what is that? " oh holy fudge, I have this allergy of saying the f**** word I just do.

" aah.... Uhh... Nothing "abruptly hid my hand behind my back, like a five year old cut taking out cookies in a cookie jar, and plastered a smile on my face

"Are you sure it's nothing, because it doesn't look like nothing "widening her blue eyes, can someone answer me why blond heads always have blue eyes?

"And you took too long to get here. So be a good girl, tell me where you were, and have you seen Ibrahim? " who in the name is Ibrahim?

" I don't know who you are talking about "

" don't play that game with me! Child I know you've seen him " why is she so sure of herself, till now I don't know who she is on about.

"Seriously Mother I have no idea who you are talking about " looking her straight in the eyes

" ok I believe you but, Show me those hands of yours " what!?

I pulled out my hands slowly showing them to her, see Icy? She circled me around like a lion does to its prey and walked back towards the kitchen

" I want you to hurry up and get them dinner in the dining room ready, I am starving and I am sure the guests are too "

I took a big deep breath I didn't know I was holding. Thank the heavens she didn't see the wrist band behind my back pocket. I took big stride following her behind.

"And when you're done, I want you to start cleaning up the kitchen. Because the cleaners had been sent home early today for an emergency so ... Yeah"

Are you kidding me? She did this one on purpose I am telling you. I thought the fact that I was all dressed somewhat I would be at the dinner table, I looked at her with tears welling up my eyes. How can a person be this cruel? I just stood there biting my tongue harshly not to make a mistake of letting any word to slip out. She walked out.

I took out the wrist band after she left, examining it. it looks pretty much expensive I can tell, its black all around the inside, outside it had leather brown stripes knitted together and some gold things on them. It was nice, very masculine I thought. To whom ever it belonged to, I had to return it but who?
I set the table, plates and other utensils needed for the dining table.

" is everything ready dear? " who she playing with? I turned around and saw who she was with and said ooohh.

So now we're on the endearment basis how sweet.

" Melissa, this is my step daughter Roseni " she was a beautiful lady, she looked like an easy going, laid back woman

" Hello Roseni, such a beautiful young lady " I smiled back at her

" nice to meet you ma'am "

" oh hush darling, you can call me Melissa. I haven't reached fifty yet " she laughed, impressive indeed she looks young for her age

" Beatrice, why isn't she with us? Is she going to be joining us for dinner I believe? "

" ooh my dear friend, she had things to do. Unfortunately she won't be as she told me of a friend of hers that came home from abroad wanted to see her " forcing a smile on her face

"that's nice, but even for a glass of wine Roseni darling? " I like her, but only if she knew who I was deal with.

" it's ok maybe next time " I was being thrown daggers

" your very different compare to your sister Kelly " Woman all I can say is we're not like sister sister twins.

I heard them making their entrance in the dining room. The dining room is connected with the kitchen, so all the sound is coming from the wooded double doors.

"Michael, Surely will get down to business after filling the field my man " says a man, he must be old because his voice sounded deep

" you know how it goes Francis, and indeed the food looks appetizing " father replied

" Kelly, why don't you take a seat beside Ibrahim " so who is this so called Ibrahim? A light bulb clicked then so, the guy Kelly was dying to impress interesting. It all made since now but, I still have to meet this mysterious guy.

" sure mother, Ibrahim? " Kelly flirted seductively after pronouncing his name. Why she flirting? Doesn't she have boyfriend what his name again? the town bad boy who made the billboard number one heart-breaker .... aah Andrew it is, his cute alright but I wouldn't fall for a dumb-ass like him. Even if he was the last man standing, if only she knew.

As they busied themselves in talking and eating, my phone vibrated that only meant one thing, Ronda.

Ronda: hey baby girl what's cracking?

Roseni: nothing much, what are you doing?

Ronda: going out to the club thought I'd give you a shout

Roseni: oo that's great, who are you going with? Let me guess Emily?

Ronda: yeah babe, you coming or what?

Roseni: I can't, sorry Ronda

Ronda: why can't you live a little Roseni? One of these days, i am going drag your ass out to the club

Roseni: you know I told you guys, I don't really like clubs and had never been to one either but whatever

Ronda: don't whatever me child got to run Emily yelling. Talk to you later

End of conversation

I have this thing about not telling people really what I go through, even my friends. I've lived like this for long and I've learnt to not share my private life with anyone. The less you reveal the less there is to talk about. In life, we need to stop telling people more than they need to know.

" oops, I am so sorry Ibra "
Kelly apologized really? Ibra? what an awful nickname to give someone maybe I should teach her how to cut someone's name short maybe, Rahim? what am I thinking!!

" it's ok don't worry, I'll just go wash it off in the bathroom " says ibra

I was laughing so hard, clenching my stomach oh my but, that voice sounded familiar. The chair squeaked I believe he stood up for the bathroom, on cue my laughter died down.

Two minute later, the kitchen door busted open

"excuse me Ma'am I am looking for a cloth to clean off my suit, I wish I hadn't turned around; Mr. Green was at the door with a smirk plastered on that pretty face of his. Someone please call 911 immediately!!

I stood frozen at spot; my eyes were wide open like a sorcerer.