Wistful Thinking and Broken Promises

Key: AA- Angel Annabeth     DA- Devil Annabeth

When Annabeth woke up, she could feel arms around her. she struggled to turn around, and when she saw Percy, she gasped. She had forgotten she was there, and had accidentally fallen asleep in the Poseidon cabin. She mentally slapped herself for being so stupid.

She looked out the window and saw that it was pitch black outside. She couldn't go to her cabin- Malcolm loved to lock the door five minutes after curfew.

But you can't stay here either. A voice inside her head said. She imagined a small angel that looked like herself on her shoulder. What will the others think?

Forget what they think. Now she pictured herself as a devil. You know you want to stay here in Percy's arms!

She'll get in trouble! (AA)

Who cares? (DA)

The devil side won, and settled back into percy's arms. It wouldn't hurt to stay here, would it? She didn't have time to decide, because she felt herself slowly falling back asleep.

                                                 ~later on~

When she woke up again, light was shining through the window. She sat up and noticed a pile of clothing on the edge of the bed. It came with a note

Morning! Chiron called late breakfast because of some Emergency on Olympus. Bet Apollo lost his IPOD again... hehe. Anyways, I'm with Grover at Thalia's pine tree. Get dressed and meet us there. But, don't tell Perrie where I am.                                         ~Percy

She smirked as she reached for the clothes. He always kept some here in case something like this happened. He had laid out some shorts, a camp tee, and his Goode High swim team hoodie. She pulled them on as quick as possible and slipped on her flip flops. As quietly as possible, she ran towards Half-Blood hill.

She saw Percy and Grover sitting at the base of the tree, and remembered how they had played hacky sack before Percy's quest. Those were the good days. Back when they were still little kids.

"Hey!" she said as she plopped down in Percy's lap. He kissed the top of her head and Grover smiled at them. Since their trip to Tartarus, they rarely ever smiled and looked happy.

"You know, this used to be my favorite spot. There wasn't ever another place I would rather be." Grover said, sighing.

"Whatever happened to the days when we would just sit up here and block out the world?" Percy asked.

"We grew up..." she said, smiling at the reminder of all the times they'd come up here and goof off. Those memories seemed so far away now, as if they didn't belong to her.

"I wish we could go back in time to those days. I wish we could be kids again." Percy said wistfully.

" We broke our promise." Grover blurted out. They stared at him, as if he had spoken another language. " We broke our promise to never grow up."

" We're still the same old kids we were. Cocky, stupid, full of pride. Yeah, that'll never change." Annabeth said, smiling.

"Yeah, I don't think Percy will ever get smarter!" Grover doubled over laughing as the words left his mouth. Percy punched his shoulder and rolled his eyes.

"We'll always be friends, no matter what. Not even if I want to kill Grover right now." Percy said.

"WE should make a new promise." Annabeth sugested. " THat we'll always stick togther through thick and thin." Grover and Percy nodded and put their hands out in front of them. Annabeth placed hers on top of them.

"Here's to always sticking together!" they cheered in unsion.

A/N

Yeah! it's an original trio moment! Like seriously, Rick Riordan has no love for Grover. Where's the love for Grover?!

Comment if you're on...

TEAM GROVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!