Glitter Pens and Vacumn Cleaners

I returned to the table, choosing to sit away from everyone else, although Isabelle came over and sat by me. Izzy gave me one of her grins that said she was so onto me. She leaned over and said, "What took you so long, oh brother mine?"
"I was using the restroom."
"For twenty minutes?"
I looked at her in shock..I was gone twenty minutes? Wow. She caught the surprise on my face and grinned.
"Gotcha."
"Shut up Isabelle," I muttered.
"Also, you have quite the love mark on your neck."
I blushed a deep scarlet and mumbled, "I fell."
"On your neck? And landed on a vacumn cleaner I suppose? Yeah right. Nice try. At least tell me he was cute."
I choked on the sip of soda I had just drank and looked around to make sure no one had heard. My parents were still in deep conversation with a Shadowhunter friend from Idris, and
Jace was busy flirting with Clary.
"What-"
"Oh please Alec. I am your sister, remember? Besides, I saw you checking out that cute waiter boy at Taki's the other day."
Oh. Phew. So she hadnt seen anything.
I ran my hands through my hair and looked around the room. Magnus Bane was nowhere to be seen, and I felt a mixture of disappointment and relief at that. Seeming to catch onto my mood, Iz stood up.
"Mom, Dad, Alec and I are heading back.''
With that we started to walk out, and as we passed the front, a waiter stopped me.
" You are Alexander Lightwood, correct?"
I nodded, and he said that he had a message for me. He handed me an envelope, addressed to Alexander Lightwood, and I thanked him before heading out. I stopped on the sidewalk to open it, turning away from Isabelle's prying eyes as I did. Not seeming too put out, she pulled out her phone and started to text someone, her current fling most likely. The paper contained simply a phone number, and a signature at the end, both written in a glittery ink.

I put the number in my phone. After returning the letter to my pocket, i turned to Isabelle, and cleared my throat pointedly. She looked up distractedly.
"Oh, are you ready to go now?" She asked.
"Yes."
Seeming disappointed, she started to stand up. I sighed.
"You wanted to leave early to meet up with someone didn't you?" She nodded at me, seeming slightly ashamed.
"I know my own way back to the institute. Run along, but be safe. I'll cover for you if I need to."
At that, Izzy grinned and lepy of the bench to hug me before dashing down the street and out of sight. As soon as she was gone, I looked down at my phone, and pressed the contact I had just added.
The phone rang twice before I heard the voice that had less than an hour ago been whispering in my ear as its owner ran his lips down my jawline.
"Magnus Bane, at your service."
I stuttered into the phone, "Uh it, I, this is Alec."
"Ah," said Magnus. "I was so hoping I would get a call from you. It's hard to tell these days, with people always wanting to play hard to get."
I laughed at that, and heard him say, "Oh Alexander, what a beautiful laugh you have. Anyways, I was wondering if maybe you would like to go out for a drink sometime?"
I paused for a moment, contemplating what it would mean, what could happen, and without realizing it I found myself saying, "When?"