Nosy Friends and Shocking Revelations

(A/N at bottom)

"Goodnight, Alexander," he said.

"Goodnight, Magnus."

He turned and walked off the way we had come, turning around once to smile and wave at me before disappearing into the ever-present New York crowd. Smiling to myself, I turned and headed to the Institute.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I walked back into the institute, I was praying to the Angel that I wouldn't get caught. It wasn't for fear that I would be in trouble for going out, but rather because I didn't want anyone to know or even guess where I had been. When I walked inside, I was greeted by Izzy. Of course. She was ready to jump on me and question me incessantly about my date, I could already tell by the way she was eyeing me with her "I-know-what-you-were-just-doing" grin. However, before she could say much, Jace came down the stairs with Clary. Now they were on the receiving end of the grin, and this time I joined in. Clary blushed and Jace acted like he didn't see the looks we were giving him.

"So, where were you tonight Alec?" asked Izzy. Whoop, suddenly the spotlight was back on me.

"I was just...walking?" I said unsurely.

Everyone laughed and Clary asked me why I was red if it was just a walk. Damn it.

"Its very cold out there, in case you haven't noticed," I snapped.

They all laughed at me. Jace and Clary went to walk out, but Jace stopped by me.

"Look," he began quietly, as Isabelle and Clary chatted about something or another. "Whoever it is, you shouldn't be afraid to tell me. Whenever you are ready to talk about it let me know. Don't be scared. Im your parabatai, Alec. Nothing you do, no one you see, could ever change that. You're my brother, Alec, and I will always accept and love you. Okay'?" I nodded, surprised at how emotional he was being. Tender Jace was a rare occurrence.

"Thank you, Jace. It means a lot to me. I just...I don't know if I want to tell anyone yet."

He grinned. "She can't be that bad."

I laughed with him, because if only he knew how wrong he was.

"All joking aside though, I would like to meet whoever this person is. You seem happy Alec."

"I am. Things are just starting off though. I'll bring it up and maybe introduce you guys sometime soon."

"Sounds excellent." He clapped me on the back. "Now, if you will excuse me, I have places to be, people to see, the usual. You ready Clary?"

Clary hugged Izzy, came over and hugged me, and then her and Jace left.

Isabelle turned to me. "Now that they are gone, tell me about your night!"

"Isabelle..."

"Oh, come on! Spill! Give me details! Who is your mystery boy anyways?"

I shushed her and looked around, checking for any eavesdroppers. Or worse, my parents.

"He's...um..." I tried to figure out what to say when my phone dinged with a text.

Damn. It was Magnus's name that popped up. I was excited, but unfortunately he had horrid timing, and before I could dismiss it, Izzy snatched my phone. When she saw his name, and the text he had sent saying he enjoyed our date, her jaw dropped. Her head whipped up to look at me.

"No..no way. There is no way you are seeing Magnus Bane."

"I..well, yes. Yes, I am."

"Does that mean he's the one who kept you busy in the restaurant the other day?"

I sighed. "Yes, Isabelle. It was him. Now, give me my phone back so I can go to bed."

"Fine," she said as she handed the phone back. I hugged her and headed off to bed, when she stopped me.

"I'm letting you go now, big brother, but I want you to know that tomorrow you are totally explaining this and what happened tonight."

"Alright, alright, I swear I will. But for now just let me go to bed."

"Good night big brother," Izzy said as she headed up the stairs.

"Goodnight Izzy."

A/N:

Well, its official. I am one of those writers who promises an update and then falls off the face of the earth. Damn. I just got busy and distracted and forgot about this until recently, and today I remembered that I have two chapters I hadn't yet posted, so here you go. I understand that most of the previous readers surely have no more interest, but if you do, then know that if this gets like, five reads, I'll post the next chapter XD I know it's a low goal but whatever. SO anywho, I hope you guys enjoyed this and I'll post again soonish. Love, your horridly inconsistent fanfic writer (aka Bev)