New Arrivals and Embarrassing Ringtones

"No..no way. There is no way you are seeing Magnus Bane."

"I..well, yes. Yes, I am."

"Does that mean he's the one who kept you busy in the restaurant the other day?"

I sighed. "Yes, Isabelle. It was him. Now, give me my phone back so I can go to bed."

"Fine," she said as she handed the phone back. I hugged her and headed off to bed, when she stopped me.

"I'm letting you go now, big brother, but I want you to know that tomorrow you are totally explaining this and what happened tonight."

"Alright, alright, I swear I will. But for now just let me go to bed."

"Good night big brother," Izzy said as she headed up the stairs.

"Goodnight Izzy."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On my way back from the training room one night, I heard voices coming from my parents' office. I walked in there, and saw more than just them. Sitting in the chair talking with them was a girl. She was beautiful, I suppose, if one was into...well...girls. She had long, blond hair pulled into a ponytail and she was wearing a dress suit. I was about to walk away when I heard my mom call me in. Sighing in resignation, I walked towards her.

"Alec, this is Lydia Branwell. She has chosen to spend her year following the completion of her training here, at the New York Institute."

I offered her my hand, which she took with a smile.

"It's nice to meet you," she said kindly.

"It's nice to meet you as well," I replied.

Turning back to my parents, I excused myself to go shower. On the way, I got cornered by Isabelle. I had managed to avoid Izzy for the last two days, but I knew that wasn't going to last long. My luck had clearly just run out.

"So, big brother, tell me all about this warlock of yours."

Sighing in resignation, I started down the hallway, with Izzy following me.

"Well, um...he's pretty magical."

She snorted at that. "Really? I never would have guessed that the High Warlock of Brooklyn is magical.

"Shut up."

"But really, what's the deal? What happened at that restaurant?"

"I was walking back to the bathroom and heard two people arguing. Magnus rounded the corner, saw me, told me to play along, and pushed me into the wall and kissed me to make the girl he was arguing with, her name was Camille I think, jealous."

Ooh, damn, big brother finally came out of his shell. And how was your date the other night? Fair warning though, if you say it was 'magical' I will kick your ass."

"It was nice."

"Nice? Is that all you have to say?"

"Well, what else is there to say? That I am madly in love with him? Izzy, we've only been on one actual date. I don't even know when the next is. Okay?"

"Ugh. Fine. But, just so you know-" Izzy was cut off by the sound of my phone ringing.

"Alexander Lightwood, please DO NOT tell me that the ringtone for your magical sparkly boyfriend is Magic by Pilot."

"Oh dear, would you look at that, it could be important, bye Izzy!"

I hit answer as I walked into my room, kicking the door shut behind me.

"Hello?"

"Alexander. How are you?"

"I am doing pretty well. How are you?"

"Missing you, but otherwise I am doing fine."

My heart skipped a beat at that.

"Anyways, out of curiosity, do any of your family members know about us?"

"Well, Isabelle does. But otherwise, no."

"Okay. Well in that case, I'd like it if you and Isabelle would meet me for lunch tomorrow. Same place as before, perhaps?"

"Uh yeah, that sounds great. I can let her know."

"Okay, wonderful. Well, I don't want to keep you. Have a good night Alexander, and sweet dreams."

"You too, Magnus. Goodnight."

When we hung up, I sat there grinning at the phone like an idiot before texting Izzy to let her know of the plans.

A/N

Well, this is the last chapter I have completed so I will start working on the next one now. It may take a while, what with the end of our volleyball season happening and with all the work I have to do XD but I will definitely at least start it this weekend. Let me know in the comments what kinds of stuff you would like to see, and I may include some of it :)