Hurricanes and Halloween Costumes

I woke up the next day to Hurricane Izzy blowing around my room. I groaned and sat up, swearing all the way. I was hoping she would forget about our lunch date with Magnus, or at the very least, let me sleep in and have some time to mentally prepare myself. No such luck. A glance at the clock told me it was 9 in the morning. Not too early, but still.

Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I glared at her.

Izzy, what the hell? Why are you in here so early?

She laughed, continuing to pull stuff out of my closet and dresser. Soon there was a small armys worth of clothes lying on the foot of my bed. Im helping you get ready for your date, or have you forgotten about it already?

Oh, I remembered that. I also recall having a few dates that went quite well without your help.

Of course she wasnt fazed at that. She just rolled her eyes and continued her rampage. I got up to go brush my teeth and when I got back she had narrowed it down to seven outfits.

All of them were ridiculous.

Iz, what even is that, I said in astonishment, gesturing to the first in the row. She had dug out an old pair of black leather pants and a shiny black top with laces on the wrists and neck.

Its called fashion, Alec, look it up.

Actually, thats my Westley costume from last years Halloween party.

Izzy looked over the outfit again and it hit her. She groaned, throwing into the pile of rejected clothing as she mumbled about how the leather would look great and blah blah. I walked over to the remaining outfits and found a pair of nice jeans that fit me well – and werent from a costume – and a flannel button down.

I kicked Izzy out of my room and got changed, before heading to grab some coffee from the kitchen with her. The new girl, Lydia, was down there, and the three of us had a nice chat while we sipped on our lattes.

Time flew by, and next thing I knew it was time to leave. We said goodbye to Lydia and headed outside into the crowded New York streets. Magnus wanted to meet us at the same Mexican place we had gone to before, and luckily it wasnt a long walk from the Institute.

We walked in and spotted Magnus immediately. He had been reading, but when he saw us a smile lit up his face. He dog-eared the page he was on and stood up to greet us. Izzy grinned and enthusiastically introduced herself in a way that made me certain this was going to be a long meal.

A/N

This is just part of the chapter but I wanted to get some of it posted at least. The rest will follow soon. To everyone who left encouraging comments and to everyone who keeps reading even though I suck, thank you guys so much. I honestly would have abandoned it forever until I saw a few comments and realized I had over 10K views. It might take a bit to get my writing voice back but I'm working on it! Thank you guys for reading! And if you'd like, leave a few comments about what you think will happen at this lunch - I might incorporate some in the next part of the chapter! Love you guys!

-Bev xx