First Dates and Hot Stuff

I slipped out of the Institute, into the frigid weather of New York. Tugging my beanie down over my ears to drive away the stinging cold, I headed down the street and towards the address written on my hand. When Magnus asked me to go get a drink with him, he said that he knew a wonderful place and that I should meet him there at seven. Here I was, headed to meet up with him. This would be my first date since The Incident.
As I approached the place where he told me to meet him, I felt some butterflies in my stomach. I was about to go out with Magnus freakin' Bane! I walked inside, and saw Magnus sitting over in a booth in the corner. Wiping my sweaty, shaky, hands on my jacket, I walked over to him. He smiled as I slid into the booth, across from him.
"Did you find it okay?" Magnus asked
"Yes," I replied.
"Good. I went ahead and ordered a bottle of wine and some appetizers, the hot wings here are delightful. Besides, I take it you don't mind a little...heat." With that he sent me a wicked grin and a wink. I promptly blushed and choked on my water. Magnus laughed at me. "You're adorable, Alexander." My heart fluttered at hearing my full name drip from his lips like honey.
"So, tell me about yourself. I already know you are a fantastic kisser, but I want to know more about what's going on behind those pretty eyes of yours."
I hoped he thought that blushing was 'adorable' as well, because it seemed that I would be doing a lot of that as well.
"Um, I, well, I have two siblings, a little brother named Max and a younger sister named Isabelle. Who, unfortunately, was quite perceptive at the restaurant the other day."
Magnus looked at me knowingly, and asked what exactly I meant by Izzy being perceptive.
"Well, um, she noticed, ah.." I trailed off vaguely before pulling aside the collar of my shirt. Magnus leaned forward to see, and burst into laughter when he saw the hickeys Izzy had noticed the other day.
"Well, I am sorry that your sister saw them...but I'm not sorry that I left them there." He winked at me, and I smiled shyly, telling him "I'm not sorry either."
Magnus smiled at me, and I reached out to grab a hot wing. He was right, I loved hot food. And these were the best wings I had ever eaten. While I devoured them, Magnus caught the attention of a waiter, who came over to take our order. Magnus ordered seafood alfredo, and then looked to me.
"Um, I'll have, hmm.." I looked at Magnus and whispered, "What's good here?"
He thought for a minute, and then turned to the waiter and said, "He'd like the enchilada's, extra spicy." The waiter looked at me, and I nodded, and thanked him. As he walked away, Magnus said, "Trust me, you're gonna love this." We continued to make small talk while we waited for our food to come. Magnus entertained me with some funny stories that happened with his job as High Warlock. When the food came, Magnus watched me as I tried the enchiladas he was sure I would love. And he was right. They were amazing. I inhaled them, they were the best food I had ever eaten. Magnus laughed at me, and I looked up at him. His meal was gone similarly fast.
"Thank you for this," I said.
"Of course, Alexander. You are always welcome. Come on, let's get out of here." He stood, and held out is hand. I put mine in his, and Magnus placed a few bills on the table before we walked out. Outside, it was colder than before. I freed my hand just long enough to tug on my beanie, before slipping my hand shyly into Magnus's.
"What would you like to do next?" He asked, looking at me.
"Actually, I was going to head home. If I'm gone much longer Izzy's gonna know something is up. Although, knowing her, she already does." Magnus smiled at me understandingly.
"They don't know, do they?" He asked.
I let out a breath. "No. Well, Izzy knows, but the rest of them don't."
"Ah, I see."
"Yeah. I'm not so sure Mom and Dad would be quite as understanding about...this," I said, gesturing to our linked hands.
"And what about that blond boy, James or whoever?" Asked Magnus.
I looked away for a minute, and then I said quietly, "I don't know what he would think."
Magnus looked at me for a long moment. Then he said, "I am sure he would accept you. After all, you two are parabatai. Something like this shouldn't be any problem."
"I don't know. I guess you're right."
He smiled at me, and began leading me down the street. When we were a few blocks from the Institute, he stopped and turned to face me.
"Can I see you again?" He asked me, looking into my eyes.
"I'd like that," I said, smiling up at him.
"Oh, thank God," he said, and he leaned in to kiss me. Whereas the kiss the other day had been all passion and hunger, this was softer, sweeter. I leaned into him, slipping my hands under his jacket. He shivered when he felt my cold fingers pressed against his flat stomach, with nothing but a thin shirt between the two. Drawing me closer, he deepened the kiss, and we stood there like that for what felt like both forever and yet only a second. Too soon, he pulled away.
"I had fun tonight," he said.
"So did I," I replied.
He smiled at that, and leaned in for one more quick kiss.
"Goodnight, Alexander," he said.
"Goodnight, Magnus."
He turned and walked off the way we had come, turning around once to smile and wave at me before disappearing into the ever-present New York crowd. Smiling to myself, I turned and headed to the Institute.