Chapter Six.

"Oh. My. God." Sammy drops her hamburger, but doesn't even care. "You and Mr. Hunky? Are a thing? And you didn't call me right away?!"

"It happened at like seven a.m. yesterday, you would've chopped my head off for even considering calling you that early. And when I called later, your mother said you were occupied with other things." I sip my iced tea. "The whole not-telling-you-til-now ordeal was completely your fault."

"I was cleaning my fish tank, and no one told me you called!" she says, exasperated. "So, is he a good kisser? Give me the dirty deets."

"Hold up. We've barely even held hands yet. Do you really think we've kissed?"

"Uh, if it were me, I would be suckin' face with him every chance I got. Not that I would. He's strictly yours." She momentarily mourns the loss of her burger, and then gets back to subject. "So, you're going to take this slowly? What happens when he goes back to the rolling hills of Ohio?"

"One, Ohio doesn't really have rolling hills. And he lives in Columbus, which is a huge city." I pause, my stomach twisting. "And I haven't really thought of that yet."

"It seems like an important question to me. How are you going to maintain a relationship?"

"He'll be eighteen by December, and I'm almost seventeen now. He could always come back..."

"You think he's going to?" Sammy questions.

I look at her, the emotion in my eyes hard. "I'm not going to worry about this right now. I thought this was what you wanted, anyway."

Sammy just gulps her drink, and looks sadly into my eyes. "All I want is for you to be happy Sun, and I'll be darned to see someone steal that from you by breaking your heart. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me, as the saying goes."

I feel my throat constrict with worry. "Lets go. I wasn't really all that hungry anyway."

:)                                           :)

Calvin shows up at my house around one. His smile is overpowering, and I can't help but grin wildly as he wraps me into a bear hug. My dad winks at me as I introduce them. Calvin shakes his hand and everything. My mother practically falls over with adoration, and immediately begins baking something with chocolate. I'm extremely embarrassed, but Calvin just smiles and says they're "cool".

I take him into the dark room, a place I've been contemplating sharing. Its such a personal place, that I didn't even show Kyle. So many of the pictures reveal little bits of myself, like how much I love when the sun rises, my love for turtles, and how deeply I'm attached to the sea. There are even pictures of me and Sammy together, taken with not as much finesse.

I cannot see Calvin, but I feel the warmth of his hand in mine. It's not until I pull the light on that he can see all of work.

Dull red light sweeps across the room, and I hear a little gasp. Calvin steps forward, examining all of the photos. He looks back at me, and smiles. "They're all really cool, even in dull red. You've got a talent."

My face heats up, and I'm glad he won't be able to tell I'm blushing. "We can take these back upstairs so you can see the colors and everything."

"Not yet... I like it down here." He gently pulls me towards him, and wraps his long, tanned arms around my waist. Okay, I'm starting to lose my breath now. Kyle never held me like this. Calvin is holding me in his arms like I'm fragile, so gentle and sweet. I lean into him with a sigh of contentment.

After about two minutes of just holding each other, I take the photos down and turn off the light. I reach for Calvin's hand, and before I have a chance to say anything, he grabs mine tightly. My stomach flips, and my mouth stretches into a grin.

There's really no way to explain this feeling.

_____________________________________________________________________

Sorry, this chapter was kind of uneventful. I promise to try and make next chapter more interesting! Oh, and sorry for lacking to update often. School work and other activities. :/  Well, I hope you're enjoying this book!