Chapter Twelve.

The sky is colored with different colors as I watch Calvin help his mother pack. Sammy just left after saying her goodbyes to him, but I wasn't going to leave until I couldn't see their car anymore.

"Babe, can you help me with this?" Calvin questions. I smile, and nod. I set my coffee mug down, and tug at my loose sweater. Not the sexiest thing to see him off with, but who cares? He loves me anyway.

I help him lift the humungous box into the back, and he shuts the van trunk. Tears come to my eyes as I realize this is the last time I'll see him for a while.

"Call me when you get to Columbus?" I whisper.

He grins, and pulls me close. "You know I will. I promised with all I had, remember?"

I sniffle. "I remember."

"Hey, don't be sad! Pretty soon we're going to be chilling on the beach again, just you and I. Oh, and maybe Sammy, too."

I hug him tightly. I'm going to miss him so so badly.

"You write me, Calvin Daniels. And if you don't, I'm coming after you."

:)                                      :)

I watch as his van drives away, his mother driving it. Calvin pokes his head out of the side, grins at me.

"I love you Sunshine Collins! Don't ever forget it!"

God, I'm going to miss him.

"I love you! I love you!" I scream, hoping he'd hear me. The van pulls out of sight, and my phone startles me. I have a text from Calvin.

I love you, and always will, Sunshine. Oh, and turn around.

I turn around quickly, and see the bouquet of flowers he had left on the porch. A few tears leak out, and I pick them up and sniff them. Heading back to my house, I cradle them close to me.

When I get in my house, my parents are making Dad's famous love cakes. My favorite. Dad looks at me, smiles with that knowing look, and lets me down into the dark room without a word.

I feel around for the light, and when I flick it on, the familiar red light illuminates the place. I grin as I take in the pictures before me. They're all of me and Calvin, since the night we got back together. We're swinging at the park, eating ice cream, and sunbathing. In some pictures, Sammy's with us, but its mostly just us. My heart swells with love as I look at it all. I love that boy more than words can describe.

I know he'll write, call, etc. He promised with everything he had, and I believe that now. Because that boy has a lot going for him.

Tenderly touching the photos, I take them all down. I turn off the light, and head back upstairs. I talk to my parents for a few minutes, and take some love cakes upstairs. Setting them on my desk, I turn to face my empty wall, where all the memories of mine and Calvin's last days of summer will hang. At the top of the wall, it's written in large sharpie, in Calvin's own handwriting:

It was one summer, but a summer we'll never forget. It was one summer, but a summer where one love cultivated and bloomed in our hearts. It was one summer, but you're not just one girl. I love you, and there'll be many more summers. -Calvin D.

Yeah. It was one summer that this all happened, but I won't ever forget it. Never. Because he's Calvin Daniels, and I'm Sunshine Collins, and we're meant to be together. It feels right, and we know its right. There's no way to explain it, but its like milk and cookies. You just can't explain why they're so good together, but they just are. I tape the pictures to my wall, and stand back, satisfied with me work.

I'll never forget him, and I won't have to.