Accidents

My name is Allison and it seems that accidents always find a way to come to me. In fact I was an accident even before I was given birth!

My parents, Petunia and Vernon, wanted a son. An only child boy who would grow up and become just like my father. When my mother went to her doctor, he told her she was pregnant with a boy, completely ignoring my existence.

My parents prepared their home to welcome my brother so when I arrived as well I shocked everyone. Until I was a month old I was wearing only clothes that my brother Dudley was supposed to wear. I was always a runner up my brother was first and was given the best. See I was the first black hole that destroyed my parents' plan for the perfect family

I had the smallest bedroom in the house and if my cousin, Harry hadn't arrived I am sure I would be sleeping in the cupboard. Harry was delivered to our doorstep the night his parents died. He was left there with a note neither my cousin nor me knew about. Apparently my family thought I was untrustworthy.

When I was four years old accidents started happening everytime I was around. In the age of five Dudley's TV was broken down after he broke my favourite doll. Nobody understood what happened with the television but I knew that somehow I had managed to do it. Harry was blamed for it as he was blamed for everything. Once I had destroyed our electricity system, my father was yelling at Harry who had somehow hide himshelf in the roof of the kitchen to escape Dudley's gang and I... did it.

I reraly tried to irritate my brother's friends so that they would go after me and leave my cousin alone. But I never stand by his side so he didn't had any friends at school. I didn't have a best friend either, everyone was afraid to hang around me because of Dudley.

My birthday wasn't a special day. It was Dudley's day he was given decades of gifts and we were doing whatever he wanted. Harry was left in Mrs Figg, an odd neithdour who loves cats.

I was woken by my mum's screams at Harry's cupbord door. That was why she was yelling so loud she wanted me to get up in a miserable way but she didn't wanted Harry to think that he was treated like one of her children.

When I entered the kitchen Harry had just put the breakfast on the table. I ate in silence, Dudley was complaining, as usual, about the amount of presents he had received (36). When mum calmed Dudley she turned to me.

"Your presents, Allison!"

She gave me a parcel and a wrapped box. Dudley was staring closely in case I had too many present so that he could keep asking for more gifts.

"Thank you!" I said to both my parents and I unwrapped the box. It was Harry's old trainers (that once belonged to my brother).

Mum went to answer the phone and I headed upstairs to my room. I opened the white envelop. It was from my god mother. I hadn't seen her since I was six. She never forgot to send me presents though. She always gave me money. I think she knew that if she send me something else it would be destroyed in no time by my jealous brother.

I listened carefully downstairs my parents were discussing, something must have gone wrong to their plans for today. I opened the loose floorboard and I put out a big heap of banknotes. No one knew about this money. It was my secret. I never spent the money I was given. I hide it under the floor just in case I needed it.

I went back downstairs into the kitchen. Mrs Figg had broken her leg and my cousin couldn't stay with her. That was good news Harry would come with us.

" I... don't... want... him... to... come!" Dudley said."He always spoils everything!" my brother pretended he was crying.

"Don't cry, Dinky Duddycums, mummy won't let him spoil your special day!" my mother reached my brother and hugged him. Dusley gave Harry a nasty grin without my parents noticed.

I felt angry, really angry. His special day what was I a next-door neighbour?! And how could they treat Harry like that?! and then it happened again; another accident. A cupboard door fell on the floor and made a loud noise. My parents said that dad would fix it tomorrow and didn't realise that I was responsible for this one either.

Harry, Dudley, Piers Polkiss (my brother's best friend) and I sat in the back of the car. My father liked to complain about everything. Today he was complaining about motorbikes.

"I had a dream about a motorbike. It was flying!" Harry shouldn't have said that. If there was something my parents hated more than the unexpected was the extraordinary.

"MOTORBIKES DON'T FLY!!!" dad roared and nearly lost control of the car.

"I know they don't. It was only a dream" Harry said

The zoo was amazing. We saw lots of different animals and after we ate at the restaurant we visited the reptile house. I was staring at a light blue snake many metres away from my family. Suddenly I heard screams. I ran where my family was. The glass in front of them had vanished and the snake had left.

Piers said that Harry was talking to it. He liked the idea of Harry being punished. But dad didn't need another's word to punish Harry he was managing it perfectly. My cousin was punished to stay in his cupboard without meals. I was cleaning the kitchen that night. My family went to sleep, I left food for Harry because I was sure he would sneake out later for some.

So this is it, the first chapter of my first fanfiction. Hope you liked it, please let me know in the comments! <3

This chapter is for annamariastam a really good friend who was next to me when I was dealing with... well when I needed help. Thank you for all your support❤