The Letter that changed my life! (part 1)

The summer holidays started and my mum had begun the preparation for our new schools. I would go in a school away from them and I was looking forward to going away. My mother bought Dudley's new uniform and she was, now, dyeing some old clothes for Harry's; we would go in London to buy my school stuff in the end of the summer.

Harry went to take the post. I was ill I had a terrible headache and I was warmer than usual. He sat down and dad started saying something about aunt Marge while Dudley yelled
"Dad! Dad Harry's got something!"
We all looked at Harry. He was about to open a letter but my father grab it
"That's mine!" Harry said and tryed to take it back
"Who would be writing to you?"said dad coldly and he unfolded the letter. He read curiously and gasped
"Petunia!"
Dudley and Harry tried to catch the letter but dad held it high. Mum took it and read she stopped in the first line and said
"Vernon, oh my goodness Vernon!"
"Ι want to read that letter!" said Dudley
"I want to read it as it's mine!" said Harry
Dad threw us out into the hall and he locked the door behind him. Dudley was listening at the keyhole while Harry was listening at the crack between the door and the floor.

There wasn't much space left for me so I ran at the back yard. In the back yard there was another door which lead to the kitchen and it was more easy for me to hear. I put my ear close to the door and listened.
"Vernon, look at the address - how could they possibly know where he sleeps? You don't think they're watching the house?" my mum said terrified.

So the letter was for Harry! Someone write to him! That was amazing news, he could leave this awful house! I was really happy for him.

"Watching- spying - might be following us!" dad said angrily.
"But what should we do, Vernon? Should we write back? Tell them we don't want..."

No they couldn't Harry deserved to be saved from... my family.

"Vernon did you see this letter! This one!"
"Where did you find it?" my dad asked he wasn't furious any more he was afraid. But what was so scary? I pushed my ear closer to the door.
"It was on the table with the others. It...it has Allison's name in it!" croaked mum. "Maybe Alisson was responsible for some of... of the stuff Harry was punished for."

So there was somebody who wanted to contact me too! But it couldn't be my godmother they wouldn't be so scared if the letter was from her. Who was it then? Who tried to send me a letter?

My dad went in the factory he worked. Mum didn't mention anything about my letter so I did something risky. When she was in the bathroom and Dudley was watching TV in the living room, I went to the kitchen and look in the rubbish bin. If they had catched me I would be in trouble, for good. Our letters were in pieces, too small to read what was written but there was a bigger piece. I supposed my father didn't have enough time to shred it.

Miss A. Dursley
The smallest bedroom
4 Privet Drive
Little Shunting
Surrey

So it was true someone sent me a letter. But why my parents didn't want me to know? Why they were afraid of the person who wrote to Harry?

When my father got back that evening tryed to convinced Harry that there was no letter for him and it had happened a mistake. They didn't mention anything about my letter. I went to my room and I saw two beds.

"Dad what is going on?" I asked as I was going down the stair he was talking to Harry (that was weird)
"You will be sharing your room with your cousin from now on" he announced. "Now boy take this stuff upstairs" Dudley was looking desappointed he thought that I would be angry if I was forced to share my bedroom.

I went back to my room and tryed to make some space in the wardrobe and the desk for Harry's stuff. He knocked the door and he came in.
"Here!" I told him, I made some space for your things!
"Thanks!" he said. He clearly didn't expect me to be so nice.