the Norwegian Ridgeback I

Hey you guys I hope this finds you healthy and safe. This chapter is dedicated to Skyoar1 Your comment made me laugh a lot, which is rare during this time. Thanks. Thank you all!

We left the forbidden Forest silently.

"We have to tell Ron and Hermione!" I said and we hurried towards the Great Hall.

"We won! You won! We won!" Ron was saying as soon as he saw Harry. "Everyone's waiting for you in the common room, we're having a party, Fred and Goerge stole some cakes and stuff from the kitchens"

"Never mind that now" Harry said breathlessly "Let's go somewhere quite, you wait until you hear this.."

We found an empty room, made sure Peeves wasn't in there and shut the door behind us, Harry told them what we had seen and heard

"So we were right, it is the Philosipher's Stone, and Snapes trying to force Quirrell to help him get it. He asked if he knew how to get past Fluffy. I reckon there are other things guarding the stone and Quirrell would have done some anti-Dark Arts spell which Snape needs to break through.."

"So you mean the Stone's only safe as long as Quirrel stands up to Snape?" said Hermione in alarm

"It'll be gone by next Tuesday" said Ron

...

However Quirrell must have been braver than we had thought Snape was sweeping about in his usual bad temper, which surely meant that the Stone was still safe. Hermione was getting ready for exams even thought no one else was. The teachers, unfortunately, seemed to be thinking along the same lines as Hermione. They piled so much homework on us that the Easter holidays weren't nearly as much fun as the Christmas ones.  The Hufflepuff common room was more quiet than ever because students studied in there. Me, the thought of exams made my stomach ache.

I was in library today with Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"Hagrid! What are you doing in the library?" Ron said and we looked up our books

"Just looking" he said, in a shifty voice that caught our interest at once. H was hiding something behind his back "ans what are tou lot up to? You are not looking for Nicolas Flamel are yeh?"

"Oh we fould out who he is ages ago" Ron said "And we know what that dog's guarding it's the..."

"Shhhhhz! Hagrid looked around quickly to see if anyone was listening

"THere are a few things we wanted to ask you, as a matter of fact about what's guarding the stone apart from Fluffy!"

"Shhhh!" said Hagrid again "Listen come and see me later I'm no promising I'll tell you  anything but don't go rabbiting about it in here."

"See you later then" said Harry.

Hagrid shuffled off

"What was he hiding behind his back?" I asked

Ron stood up "Dragons he was in the section about dragons"

"Hagrid always wanted a dragon" Harry said

"Yeah he told us so when we met him

"But it is against our laws" Ron said

"So what on Earth is Hagrid up to?" said Hermione

...

An hour later we walked down on Hagrid's shouter to find all the curtains pulled

"Who is it?" He asked 

"It's us!" I said and he let us in closing the door behind us quickly. Even thought it was a warm day it was hot inside. Hagrid offered us tea

"So yer wanted to ask me something?"

"Yes. We were wondering if you could tell us what is guarding the Stone apart from Fluffy"

"Of course I can't. Number one I don't know meshelf and number two yeh know too much already. Who Dumbledore had trusted enough to help him, apart from you"

"Well he borrowed Fluffy from me... then some of the professors did enchantments. Sprout, Flitwick, McGonagall, Quirrell, of course Dumbledore himself and Snape"

"Snape?"

"Yeah Snape. He 's helping protect the stone, he's not about to steal it alright. Why don't you find something else to spend your time on, like classes or something.."

Classes or something

There was no way Hagrid was serious about that. He just wanted us to stop asking questions.

"Some more tea?" he smiled at us. We nodded even thought we weren't going to drink it as we hadn't drunk the previous. Hagrid relationship with cooking was...bad, well really bad.

"So if Snape has been protecting the Stone, he could easily found out how the other teachers are protecting it" Hermione said.

"It seems like he doesn't know Quirrell 's and Fluffy" Harry figured "Hagrid you wouldn't tell anyone haw to get past Fluffy, would you? Not even the teachers?"

"Not a soul knows except me and Dumbledore" he replied proudly.

"Why is it so hot in here?" Ron asked

"Can't, sorry kids" he gave a glance at the fire

"What's in there?" I asked

"Where? Nothing?" he said and stood in front of the fire

"It's an egg. A huge black egg!" Hermione said. "Hagrid? where did you find it?" clearly these two where the only ones who knew what they were talking about. Hagrid stood aside looking shady, he had done something he shouldn't and he knew it. But "what?"

"You know it's illegal, right?" she continued. 

Egg... illegal... dragon's section..

"It's a dragon egg isn't it?" I murmured.

Ron went closer "It must have cost you a fortune"

"Won it. Last night. I was down in the village having a few drinks an' got in a game of cards with a stranger. Think he was glad teh get rid of it teh be honest"

"No wonder" I said

"What are you going to do when it hatches?" Hermione looked at him and the egg and the again, at him and at the egg

"Well I've been doing some reading" Hagrid said, pulling a large book from under his pillow"Got this from the library. It's all in here. Keep the egg in the fire'cause their mothers breathe on 'em. An' see here how to recognise different eggs. - what I got there's a Norwegian Ridgeback. They're rare, them"

He looked very pleased with himself.

So now we had something else to worry about. What would happen to Hagrid if anyone found out he had an illegal dragon in his hut.

If you reached the end of the chapter comment "I'm a real one" cause you're a real one. That's from a youtuber I'm watching, I think her name's Hannah.. Anyways 

See you soon!