The start-of-term feast

"The first years professor McGonagall" Hagrid said. When I heard the word 'professor' I looked at the black-haired woman more interested. She looked strict but fair.
"Thank you Hagrid. I will take them from here"

We followed Professor McGonagall across the hall and we entered a small empty room.

"Welcome to Hogwarts! The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classses with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room.
The four houses are called.Gryffindor, Hufflepuff,Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history amd each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn you house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be credit to whichever house becomes yours.
The sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are wanting. I shall return when we are ready for you. Please wait quietly."

"It can't be something dangerous or something that requires magic, we just arrived here!" I was like everyone else trying not to panick.
Suddenly about twenty ghosts had just streamed through the back wall. They were arguing.
"Forgive and forget. I say, we ought to give him a second chance..."
"My dear Friar, haven't we given Peeves all the chances he deserves? He gave us all bad name and you know, he's not even a ghost. I say... what are ylu all doing here?"
Nobody answered
"New students. About to be sorted. I suppose? A few kids nodded. Hope I see you soonn Hufflepuff! " Said the Friar while he was looking right at me.

Professor McGonagall had returned we formed a line and we entered the Great Hall. Everyone was watching us. All first years were really nervous. My heart was beating faster than usual. The Sorting Hat started its speech and everyone fell silent.

 The Sorting Hat started its speech and everyone fell silent

...

"So we've just got to try on the hat!" The Weasly boy next to Harry said. Professor McGonagall stepped forward and said
"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted. Abbot, Hannah" 
"HUFFLEPUFF" the hat announced
The Hufflepuff table clapped and cheered and Hannah went to sit there.
"Bones, Susan"
"HUFFLEPUFF"
She sat next to Hannah smiling. Boot Terry and Brocklehurst Mandy became Ravenclaw.
"Brown, Lavender" she stepped confident out of the line and the hat shouted for the first time tonight
"GRIFFINDOR"
Boulstrode Milicent became a Slytherin. I think the kids on that table scared me. I didn't want to be sorted into Slytherin. Not after I found out that Voltemort was one himself. I was part of Harry's misery in the muggle world I didn't want this anymore. I wanted a new beggining, I needed it. I also wanted a better relationship with my cousin and me in Slytherin wouldn't help...

And finally
"Dursley, Alisson"
It was like everything paused, like there was no one else in the Great Hall except me and that weird hat. I tried to look cool. I knew everyone, every single one pair of eyes was staring at me, the moment I stepped out of the line. That made me, if ot is possible, even more nervous. I reached the stool and the hat took its place over my head.
"You've got strong brains in there, you have; but you are definitely a true... HUFFLEPUFF."

All the students on the Hufflepuff table clapped and cheered and Susan and Hannah louder than everyone else. I took the seat next to Susan and I watched as a boy called Finch-Fletchley, Justin was being sorted into Hufflepuff.

And then it was Harry's turn. Everyone looked at him and started whispering. I crossed my fingers under the table and smiled positinely. Of course I wanted him in the same house but I wished wherever he was shorted to be happy. I wanted the best for him. It took quit a long time for the hat to decide in which house to put Harry but finally...
"GRYFFINDOR"
The Gryffindor table cheered louder tham any other time Everyone watched Harry reaching the table. We grinned to each other and watched the rest of the ceremony.

Professor Albus Dumbledore stood up and said

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you!"

Everyone clapped and cheered as the headmaster sat down. The empty dishes in front of us were now full with food. I had never imagined a greater feast in my life.

Hannah, Susan and I started helping ourselves. The boy next to me pushed me hand by mistake he turned red and apologised
"I'm so sorry I didn't mean to..."
"It's okay, I'm fine, relax" I said. His cheeks were as red as a tomato. "I'm Alisson by the way" I tryed to make him feel comfortable.
"My name's Justin" he said and his skin colour started returning to its normal colour.
"Well, it's really nice meeting you Justin, this is Susan and Hannah" I intriduced him to the girls. They smiled and Susan asked
"Have you two met the boys next to Justin?"
Justin and i shook our heads and looked at the two boys. Hannah and Susan shared the same boat with them earlier.
"Right then, this is Zacharias Smith and Ernie Micmillan."

We ate, we talked, we met. All of them were very friendly with me and that was new to me. All kids in the muggle world ignored me because of my brother. We were enjoying some ice-cream when the ghost of the Hufflepuff house came.
"Hello there!"
"Your the Fat Friar, aren't you?" Zacharias asked
"Yes, yes... i'm very pleased to meet you all. I'm sure you'll do great and made us all Hufflepuff ghostes proud."

Professor Dumbledore got to his feet again and the Hall fell silent.
"Ahem, just a few more words now we are all fed amd watered. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you. First years should note that the forest in the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. I have also been asked by Mr Filch, to remind you all no magic should be used between classes in the corridors. Quidditch trials will be held in the secomd week of term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams should contact Madam Hooch. ANDfinally, I must tell you that this year,the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a very painful death. And now, before we go to bed, let us sing the school song. Everyone pick their favourite tune."

When we started singing I noticed Justin was singing the Hogwarts song to a famous muggle tune and I decided to sing with him, I liked that song anyways

"How do you know this song? Are you a muggle-born too?" he asked when the Weasly tweens were the only ones left singing. I nobbed and the headmaster concluded his speech.
"Ah magic! A magic beyond all we do here! And now, bedtime. Off you trot!"

Τhis chapter is for dafni15 I couldn't wish for a more loyal reader and I'm literally grateful for that❤