Dear Society, Like A Girl.

Dear Society,

There are so many things that society says. So many things that do more harm than good. Especially when it  hurts more than one person. The term I'm talking about is,"Like a girl," why is that term used as a bad thing? It's a term that may be directed to one person, but hurts many more.

I would like to say that being a girl is not a bad thing. The only difference is our body's, but even if we're going on about that, every person's body is different. Yes, we have different body parts, but that's just life. But that doesn't mean we should be put down because we are termed 'weak'. Why should we be treated differently because of who we are?

Girls are human beings, boys are human beings. But why does that mean boys are superior than girls? Why does that give them permission to say that we are the 'weaker' gender? Why do they think that being a girl is bad? Why can't,"Dang, you throw like a boy," be the same thing as,"Dang you throw like a girl."

Because I can tell you, I play volleyball like a girl. FIFA World Cup Soccer players Alex Morgan and Abby Wambach play Soccer like a girl. Gabby Douglas, an Olympic Gold Medalist, does Gymnastics like a girl. J.K. Rowling writes like a girl, so does Cassandra Clare and Kiera Cass. Victoria Beckham sings and designs like a girl. Cara Delevingne models like a girl. And guess what, ALL OF US ARE GIRLS.

Yes, I agree that the insult in Sandlot was funny, but that doesn't make it true.

And, if you ever get told that you do something like a girl, take it as a compliment, please. Because God made Adam and Eve. But Adam came first and God thought he needed a friend. So he made Eve. Not out of Adam's feet so she could be stepped on, but out of his rib so they are side by side, equals. And if you're not about the religious thing, take it as a compliment because us girls are pretty dang awesome.

Love,

Little Me