"Ditching the car."

The sun shone over the dew covered fields, along the bushes and the trees until it met the duck egg blue Range Rover.
It's ray's shone into the back of the car and fell over the angelic faces of two sleeping actors on holiday.
Birds began to chirp and the day began at the rather peaceful and serene crack of dawn.
Adelaide's usually dark brown hair looked relatively red under the light of the sun and Toby's hair was, as always, golden blonde.

He squinted as if someone had just drawn the curtains in a previously dark room, and turned over, breathing on Adelaide.
Adelaide groaned and turned away from him, facing the seats of the car.
"What time is it?" Adelaide asked, feeling around for her phone but then remembering it died last night.
The music they'd had on yesterday was still blasting from the front of the car and it seemed somewhat intruding on the natural surroundings of the British countryside. Oh well, Adelaide justified this by Telling herself it was at least British music.
"I don't know." Toby moaned back, trying his best to reach the radio from where they lay to turn it either down or off.
He leaned over the edge of the seat, completely forgetting he was tied into a sleeping bag with Adelaide.
Closer... Closer..
"Toby what are you-" Adelaide was cut off by a squeal as Toby toppled over the edge of the seats and In to the small leg room on the car floor.
Of course, because they were sharing a sleeping bag, Adelaide followed straight after, squishing on top of him.
Thud.
Toby moaned and Adelaide cursed but they both ended up laughing in the end.
"Then we grew a little bit and romanticised the time I saw flowers in your hair.." The music played over their giggles as they tried to untangle themselves.

Once they were untangled and actually standing upright, the grass and mud between their toes, they searched through their belongings to find some sort of outfit for today.
"It's got to be kind of practical.." Toby said, more to himself than Adelaide, flinging his Hawaiian shirts aside and rummaging deeper in his rucksack.
"Did you bring my climbing shoes?" Adelaide asked, taking a drink from her water bottle and clipping the top back on.
"Pink ones?" Toby zipped up one bag and unzipped another.
"No, grey." Adelaide threw her bag in the back of the car and stood looking at Toby with a purple towel folded over her arm.
"ERM yeah.. Somewhere." Toby replied from the floor amongst his bags, slowly looking up at Adelaide, from her flip flops to her bed hair, which still looked flawless of course.
"What?..." Toby questioned, not seeing 'practical' anywhere on Adelaide.
"I'm not leaving this car to go and climb some Mount Everest without having a wash." Adelaide declared, throwing a green towel at Toby and marching off north, past the car and in the opposite direction to the slow decent to the peak of the mountain that shadowed over them.

"Having a wash where?" Toby shouted after her, trying not to laugh at the peculiar sight of Adelaide in flip flops walking along the field as if it were her bathroom.
"In a lake or something I don't know!" Adelaide yelled back, not bothering to turn around and be persuaded to climb up a mountain in a grubby state.
"Well the lake is not that way."
Having heard this, Adelaide turned at a right angle and walked a different direction.
"Nope, not that way." Toby said laughing, watching her walk in circles a few feet away.

"This is so wrong." Adelaide confirmed when they were still marching around in flip flops in the middle of a wood near the mountain they intended to climb that day.
After messing about with Adelaide and getting her lost purposely, it seemed Toby had got them both lost in a forest.
He had insisted that there was always a lake in a forest, especially in England because It rained all the time.
So if there wasn't a lake they were sure to found a large puddle, which would suffice for Toby but maybe not for Adelaide.

Toby took the lead, ducking under branches and snapping others underfoot on the way to what seemed like no where.
"Is this what they call a British summer?" Adelaide asked in disgust, pulling her make shift towel poncho around her tighter and dragging her feet behind her in protest.
"Ah yes!" Toby smiled to himself and turned around to show Adelaide his cheery expression,
"Can't you feel the sun's warm rays wrapping around you, the cool breeze complimenting the atmosphere..." Toby's sarcastic comment trailed off as he tried to hold a branch back for Adelaide so it didn't smack into her face.
"I am absolutely freezing." Adelaide said, and rightly so.
Granted it was British summer time, but early summer.
Toronto would be around thirty degrees whereas England's hottest today would be about seven.
The air was still quite cold and breathing it in was like breathing in ice.
The branches were only just getting their leaves back and sodden autumn leaves were still embedded into the forest floor along with sticks and dead plants, making a sort of nature - carpet for them to tread on.

"Toby we are getting no where and I'm sure we've been walking for at least an hour." Adelaide complained, stopping and leaning against a tree to get a stick out of her flip flop.
"15 minutes actually," Toby corrected, also stopping and turning to face Adelaide.
"It's not like it's night fall, it's just early morning, besides there aren't many predators around and even if they were I'm sure you'd be quite camouflaged in your bright pink flip flops and purple towel. I envy you, I wish I had such an outfit that mixed in so well with our surroundings." Toby laughed at his own sarcasm and kept moving, determined to find a lake before ten o'clock and sure he could hear a trickle of water near by.
"Aha... Ahahahahaha. You're so funny Toby honestly don't I can barely breathe." Replied Adelaide in the most sarcastic and monotone voice she could muster.
"It's just because you're jealous." She pressed on, reluctantly following Toby and striking a pose in her very fetching fashion choice.
"A beautiful towel that brings out my eyes, compliments my complexion, makes me unique."
"You got unique right." Toby said, stepping over a log and almost falling over.
"Rude. You'd think the king of France would have learnt some etiquette and manners but no...." Adelaide continue to complain in the background, a few paces behind Toby but then Toby stopped and Adelaide almost bumped into him.
"Toby what-" Adelaide began, trying to look over his shoulder to see what he'd found.
"Shhh.." Toby said, holding up his hand for silence and not even turning around to look at her.
"Oh my..." Adelaide pushed him out of her view and stared in awe at what they'd just discovered...