"LOVE YOU TOO!"

It was quite a few days later when Adelaide and Toby managed to stumble through a clearing which portrayed the view from the top of the mountain.
Days full of laughter, melting marshmallows, singing, star gazing, climbing and trekking.
Such amazing days, days which Toby and Adelaide would never forget.
With each passing second Toby seemed to fall more in love with Adelaide and Adelaide felt the same.

If only they would admit it.

It was 1 o'clock when Ade and Toby surfaced through into the final part of their trek. The forest floor underfoot was gradually turning to hard rock and their gradient was steepening.
Ade switched her speaker onto Charlie Puth - As You Are and hummed along to it in between breaths.

At 1:30 Adelaide stumbled through some branches and immediately gasped, staggering back into Toby and falling on him.
"What is it Ade?"
He asked curiously, trying to support her and push her back on her feet.
She went from shocked to purely excited, delighted, ecstatic.
She jumped up and grabbed his hand before suddenly running towards the branches she'd just staggered back through.

A triumphant, roaring wind whacked the couple in the face as Adelaide raised their hands up in the air.
Toby held his breath in awe as he realised where they were.

It was so incredibly amazing..

Far down below there were birds swooping in and out of the trees like dolphins would out of the ocean.
Dark green leaves clothed the trees below them and the occasional scatter of a blossom tree adorned the mountain.
Just to the left of them, a waterfall plunged over the edge of the mountain cliff into the world below them, creating a beautiful swirling mist on the forest floor.
There was only a few metres of rock before them to the very edge of the mountain peek.

They were amongst the clouds, seemingly horizontal to the sun and above the beautiful birds of the sky.

Strangely enough, Adelaide felt the sudden urge to kiss Toby.
And kiss him she did.
On a spur of the moment, Adelaide turned Toby to face her, placed her icy cold hands on his rouge cheeks and planted her lips firmly on his.
Taken by utter surprise, Toby quickly shut his eyes and placed his hands on her thin waist.
Adelaide parted almost as suddenly as she'd stared and looked into Toby's eyes hesitantly.
"I'm so sorry oh my god.."
She began before getting cut off by another kiss.

And another.

And another.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and he held her close, not for a second letting her get lost in any thoughts that might invade this moment.
He only stopped for a brief moment, in which he stroked her wild, flying hair out of her face.
"Adelaide oh my god I'm not going to lie to you.
Not here, not now.
You mean incredible amounts to me.
I can't describe it.
You must think I'm such a soppy romantic but your very presence reduces my speech to gibberish.
You have this effect on probably every man you've worked with..
Your personality and your absolute crazy mind.
I've tried before and you've pushed me away and I can't live like that because Adelaide I can't say how I feel any other way than..
I am just so...
In love with you."

Adelaide stood there silently, her head pressed against his and their lips almost touching.
The wind whooshed around them, causing the the trees to begin a loud applause below.
Their branches waved about excitedly and leaves danced in anticipated celebration around their feet.

" I maybe.."

Adelaide shouted above the chaotic celebration of nature around them.

"LOVE YOU TOO!"

Toby's cute little face lit up in utter delight and they embraced, arms wrapped tightly around each other, before Toby literally swept her off her feet and swung her around and around.
He placed her gently on the ground again, lifting her chin up so that her lips were closer to his.
She stroked his lower lip with her thumb and they kissed.

And that, my dear readers, was the day that Toby knew he would never forget Adelaide Kane.

Oh and might I just comment, the song playing on the speakers was

'A moment like this' by Leona Lewis.

"For that one special kiss,
Oh I can't believe it's happening to me,
Some people wait a life time,
For a moment,
Like this."

*********

It was night time and a soft blanket of darkness had settled across the lush green countryside of Britain.

Adelaide and Toby were still sat on the peak of their mountain; they'd decided to sleep there for the night before returning to their car in the days which would follow.
They'd pitched their tents just near the ledge before the gigantic drop down the mountain, but there was a few metres of space left between them and the drop.
They'd built a fire on the rock floor on the very point of the mountain so that from afar it would look like there was a tiny star on top of the mountain.

Adelaide had settled with Toby, next to the fire and near the very edge of the peak.
She lay back on his chest, his chin rested on her head and his arms were wrapped around her tummy.
Agreed she was literally a few centimetres away from a life threatening drop down the side of a mountain, but she strangely felt so safe cuddled up with him.

As they sat there quietly, their gaze focused on the beautiful array of stars before them, Toby broke the silence.
"I want to show you so many things and take you so many places."
He whispered to her, as if raising his voice any louder would awake the quiet forest below.
"Wanderlust."
She mumbled to him, turning her sleepy head upwards so that she could see him better.
"What?"
He asked, confused by the term.
"The desire to travel."
She pecked him on the lips and then traced the outline of a star constellation with her forefinger.
"Virgo."
Toby smiled and kissed Adelaide on the head proudly, inhaling her sweet scent.
Which wasn't an expected aroma since she'd been trekking through a forest for like a week.
"You tired little bear?"
He asked her, cuddling her closer so that she wouldn't shiver so much.
She snuggled into Toby and nodded her head slowly.
He grinned to himself and then stood up and picked Ade up in a cradling position.
She wrapped her arms around his neck so she wouldn't fall and then he carried her into her tent.

He tucked her in to her sleeping bag and turned to leave but he realised she was still holding his hand.
"Ade I gotta go."
He said awkwardly, looking to their intwined fingers.
Adelaide nodded as if she couldn't see a problem,
"Aha, goodnight."
He turned to leave again and felt her hand tugging him back.
Toby laughed and turned around, looking at Adelaide and sighing.
"Oh! Still here are we?"
She asked cheekily, not wanting to let him go.
"You know.."
Toby said, coming over closer to her and stroking her baby fluff off her forehead.
"It's kinda windy outside."
Adelaide nodded in agreement.
"Yeah you might get like frostbite on the way to your tent." She added, looking awfully serious.
"And we wouldn't want that; it's totally a safety risk."
Said Toby who was beginning to get even closer.
"And so in best interest of your safety we should probably consider a nearer accommodation." Adelaide offered, unzipping her double sleeping bag and moving over.
Toby grinned and slipped into her sleeping bag, feeling her body warmth immediately.
She felt his hands find a way around her waist and rest on stomach.
She placed her hand on top of his and smiled to herself as she felt his short breaths on the back of her neck.
"In the name of safety."
He mumbled to her sleepily, making her laugh a little before she snuggled into him and fell asleep.