Five

When she got home, after being thouroughly interrogated by the entire sheriff's department, plus her mother and brother, Clarke stripped out of her clothes- including the bloody hoodie, which she threw in the washing machine- and took a shower. The scalding water washed off the dried blood, and she tilted her head back in bliss as she felt her muscles unwind. 

Nearly an hour later, she was laying in bed, staring at the ceiling, waiting for sleep to come, when her phone buzzed on her nightstand. It was an incoming text from Liam.

Are you okay?

Sent 11:51pm.

Out of habit, she she glanced towards her window and saw him sitting on his bed, dressed in plaid pajama pants, staring at his phone. She typed back:

Yeah, if okay means paranoid and in shock

Sent 11:52pm

Clarke waited for a reply, but deciding against it, she sent another text:

Actually, I'm heading to bed. Night :)

Sent 11:53pm

-

When she woke up, she wasn't in her bed. She wasn't even in her room or in her house. She was in the back of a car. As she sat up, the driver looked back at her, a smirk on his face. It was Garrett, Liam's friend and Violet's boyfriend.

"Morning, sunshine," he said, pulling the car over to the side of the road. "So, here's the deal. See those rocks? That's a really deep well. I stabbed your boy Liam with wolfsbane and threw him in there. And you're gonna join him."

Before she had a chance to do anything, he was out of the car and dragging her by her kicking legs onto the ground. He grabbed the collar of her shirt and yanked her up. Something sharp poked her side, and when she looked down, he held a two-pronged blade.

"Don't you even think about screaming." He said lowly in her ear. She nodded as if she was going to comply, but the second he drew back the blade, she yelled, "Help!" He instantly rammed it into her side. "Well, that wasn't very smart, Clarke." A scream caught in her throat. She fell to her knees, holding the wound, only to see that it was a black liquid that soaked through her thin t-shirt, not blood.

"Get up!" Garrett hissed; this time, he pulled her up by her hair. He dragged her over to the stone well, forcing her to bend over the rim of it to look down. Liam was in there, soaked and looking terrified.

"Clarke!" He yelled. "Don't worry, Liam," Garrett retorted. "You'll be getting some company soon." With that, he shoved her over the edge into the void. She fell, a squeal coming from her moth, and landed with a splash at the bottom. She came spluttering to the surface. Her abdomen ached with every breath and she found herself exhausted, despite just waking up.

"What's wrong? Clarke, what did he do to you?" Liam asked, brushing her wet hair away from her face. She shut her eyes and rested her head against his collarbone. "Liam, it hurts." She whined.

"I know, but don't think about it, okay? Just focus on my voice." He murmured into her hair. She nodded, curling into his chest for warmth. The well-water put a chill in her; from her position, she could hear his heartbeat- it was fast and uneven, just like her's must've been.

"Hey, remember when we were in fourth grade and you broke your arm on the swings?" He said, trying to distract her. "Yeah, I thought I was a bird and I could fly. You made the teacher let you go to the hospital with me. You held my hand all the way to the ER." She was laughing, and suddenly nothing hurt anymore. 

"Clarke, I'm going to try to climb up and get help. I'll be right back." He told her before scaling the walls. She grabbed weakly at his shirt to stop him. He was halfway up when black spots began dancing across her vision, which led to her sight being totally gone.