Chapter 1

I sighed and looked around. Being in this cage weakened me greatly. I could feel my breath getting slower.

I hope he doesn't wreck the house. I just cleaned it. The reason for my beating was because supper wasn't done when he got home. I know stupid, right.

Andrew was a weird man. He was a cop so even if I was to tell someone about the abuse, nobody would believe me. Nobody knows except for my best friend. Grace because she's seen my cuts up my wrist and bruises along my torso. Other than that...I have no one.

I wish that things weren't like this. Things were so better when my real dad was here.

*Flashback... Hailey is 8*

"Daddy, where are you going?" I asked as I saw dad with his bags on the porch.

"Hey baby girl," He bent down and hugged me," I have to leave. I'll be back soon. Stay strong baby girl."

I started to cry. "Daddy please don't leave."

"Baby girl, it's for the best."

I watched my dad walk to his car. Tears were running down my cheeks.

*End flashback*

That was the day that my dad found out that my mom was cheating on him with Andrew. I don't blame him for leaving. I blame him for not taking me with him.

I was shaken out of my thoughts when I heard the basement door slam open. My head shot upward.

"You ungrateful piece of shit. You are so lucky your mother is coming home early." My eyes widened. He was letting me out? This never happened. He always said that I was out at a friend.

"Don't get too excited. It's our anniversary. I'm going to propose. She'll, sadly, want you there," He looked at me with hatred," and if you mess this up...Well, let's not even go there." He said as he unlocked the cage.

I sat up more to try and help myself up. He sneered at me."Get up you useless piece of scum, and go finish our supper." He said as he left the room.

I finally got myself up and limped to the door. I breathed in as deep as I could and felt a pain in my side. I think that one of my ribs got bruised or maybe worse.

When I made it up the stairs, I walked into the kitchen. Andrew was there drinking a beer and muttering curses at me. I could feel his eyes on me the whole time that I tried my best to get around in the kitchen.

My legs ached from having to lay on the silver. I can't wait for all of this to be over. I turn 18 in two weeks. That means two weeks until I find my mate.

I have already made a promise to myself. No matter how evil or cold-hearted my mate might be, I'll take that over this hell. At least I might be able to learn to love my mate.

*Time skip to dinner*

I was sitting next to my mother when Andrew started to speak.

"Allison, you are my pride and joy. You are the sunshine to my rainy day. The colors to my rainbow. That's why I have to know, will you, Allison Jamie Farmer, marry me?" He asked.

The look of love on his face almost made me want to throw up. I honestly wanted mom to kick him out of the house, but even my own mother didn't like me.

My mom looked at me,"I don't know if Hailey is ready for me to remarry yet."She kind of trailed off.

The look on Andrew's face clearly said, you either stand up for me, or live in that silver cage for the rest of your life.

"No mom. You worry about you mom." I got through my teeth. I wish that my mom could read my mind. Don't do this!!!

"Okay. Yes!" She yelled and embraced Andrew.

"Oh, I assume you all want some alone time so I'm going to go over to a friends house tonight." I said. To be honest, I just didn't want to be anywhere near Andrew.

"Yeah hun that's fine. Just remember to be home by ten tomorrow night." She said still looking dreamily at Andrew.

I walked upstairs got my phone, charger, and twenty dollars. Knowing Grace, she's going to want to go somewhere tonight.

I ran down the stairs and out the door. I can get to her house in five minutes. I just hope that Andrew doesn't do anything to my mom.

Okay so this was more of Hailey's home life. I know it was kind of boring and plain, but I promise that chapter 2 is promising. Peace out bitches.