Chapter One.

Chapter One

Flashback

I took deep shallow breaths as the cold air pierced my lungs. It was dark, very dark. The band of black and navy blue were brought out by the stars twinkling. Trees hung their arms low, leaves touching the ground as they bent over to graze the soggy dirt.

The smell of fresh rain filled my nose as I didn't let up on the quick pace my feet started. They ached through my shoes as they thumped along the trail through the forest. I was tired and hungry.

My stomach spoke in grumbles and my head pained, pulsing vigorously. My vision blurred occasionally due to my lack of nourishment and sleep. I felt like a zombie. After much of this, I began to drag my feet slightly.

I was trying to stay awake. I was trying not to hunger. I started to trip lazily over branches, and my breaths became even shorter. Now almost gasping for air, I slammed against a tree. I closed my eyes tightly, feeling nauseous.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to die at the early age of 21, but if I endured anymore of this, I just might. I tried to swallow, but my mouth was as dry as a sack of sand. I felt powerless as I tried to pull myself back up.

Gripping the tree branch so tight, I could feel the blood rush to my hands, and they felt as if they'd burst, leaving a red puddle around the willow I was under.

I trudged slowly, pressing myself against each tree that I passed. With a cold sweat dripping from my face, I wiped it away with my bruised hand from my fall earlier.

I kept walking straight, keeping the moon on my left shoulder. Every little thing I heard made my body stiffen and ears perk up. My heart was pounding in my chest so hard I could hear it in my ears. Saying I felt terrible was an understatement, honestly.

But I couldn't go back.

It was extremely dark as the moon hung brightest above the stars. The last time I checked the time was 8:13PM, but that was hours ago. I've been running for hours.

Running, trying to get away from him. I was his slave. His sex slave. I refused to turn back. I had to get away. I've been running with no sense of direction. There's no service in the dense woods of Omaha, Nebraska.

He's had me for 2 days. And I was used for one thing: sex..

2