Chapter Five.

Nate, Jack, Sam, and Derek went out to eat and then to the club. Kirsten could see it in Derek's eyes. She wasn't sure what it was, but she felt something different with him.

Meanwhile, Derek couldn't keep his mind off Kirsten. She was still sitting in the piercing silence of Nate Maloley's basement. Derek was sitting with his friends in the club, thinking about her. "You okay, dude?" Sam slung his arm drunkenly around Derek.

Jack and Nate were dancing with some strippers they just met. They were grinding on each other, downing alcohol as if there were no tomorrow. "I'm fine, man."

Derek's mind wondered to Kirsten as he sat down his drink. Pushing a drunk Sam off of him, Derek walked out to the car. He took Nate's keys from his jacket pocket, going for a drive.

He wasn't sure where he was going, but he was going. Meanwhile, Kirsten was planning her escape. She was determined to get out before Nate and his friends got home.

She was still chained by one ankle, and all she had was a pocket knife either Sam or Jack left behind. "Shit.." She cursed to herself, trying to saw away at the metal chain.

She stopped when she heard the front door open. Hiding the pocket knife in her back pocket, she sat very still. She heard a single pair of footsteps descending the staircase.

'That's weird..' She thought to herself. She figured Nate would bring his friends to crash the night, not show up alone. "Kirsten." She heard the voice of a man that wasn't Nate.

It was Derek..

6