Chapter Thirteen.

Kirsten stayed the night in the waiting room, not wanting to leave. She knew her family was looking for her.

She went missing about two years ago, leaving behind her parents and her younger sister. "Excuse me, Mr. Luh has requested to see you."

A female nurse in pink scrubs took Kirsten to his room. "Good mornin', baby girl," Derek's rough voice spoke to her. She smiled sheepishly, the sun pulling at the curtain to kiss his tan skin.

She was still very nervous of the man. Not that she didn't trust him, she just couldn't trust him all the way. It was very understandable from Derek's point of view.

She had been through a lot with Nate, so he knew why she still acted afraid around him. She wasn't able to open up to him just yet.

While Kirsten and Derek talked, there was a knock on the door. A FBI agent have them both a strong look, and they knew something wasn't right.

"What is it?" Kirsten asked, standing up. "How many suspects did you say there were?" He ignored her question completely. Kirsten thought back to the events of not even 48 hours ago.

"Uh, t-three. Why?" Both she and Derek had a gut feeling they already knew what he was going to say.

"One of the suspects has escaped.."

14