Chapter 1

".....Was just what he said to me, and then he left! He just left me like that without giving me a goddamn reason why! I swear, I'll kick his ass when I see him again!" Rosalie punched her other fist, as if she was ready to beat someone up.

I was barely listening to my best friend droning on and on about her breakup with her very-recent-ex Eric. I had my earphones on, listening to American Authors best day of my life. It was probably the best song I've ever heard in ages and its catchy tunes were stuck in my head all day that when I took out my iPod, I had to put it on replay.

I had a dream so big and loud
I jumped so high I touched the clouds
Wo-o-o-o-o-oh
I stretched my hands out to the sky
We danced with monsters through the night
Wo-o-o-o-o-oh
  Oo-o-o-o-o

"Bella, are you listening?" Rosalie asked.

When I didn't answer, she pulled out my earphones so hard that my left ear popped and caused it to be sensitive for a few seconds.

"Huh?" My head snapped up and I stared at her with wide eyes and a slightly opened mouth in shock.

"Were you even listening to me?!" She glared at me.

"Can you please stop talking about your goddamn breakup? It makes you miserable, and when you're miserable I turn miserable!" I snatched my earphones back from her hands and put them back on.

"Maybe I'll stop when you're done with your damn iPod." She folded her arms.

"What?" I shouted as if I couldn't hear her voice.

"I'm sorry! Please be a little louder!"

She huffed and rolled her eyes, giving up.

"Call me if anything comes up." She walked down the lane towards her house.

I snickered and entered my house.

"Hey Mom, I'm home." I said.

"Mom?"

"In here, Cookie!" My mother Reneè replied, using the nickname she gave to me ever since I was young. I walked into the kitchen and found her there, smiling.

"How was your day?" She asked.

"It was... fine." I said.

"Well, not exactly. Eric broke up with Rosalie."

Reneè cringed. "Is she okay?"

Reneè has never worked ever since she & my father had me. She enjoyed staying at home, though. She kept herself busy with various hobbies. Even though she wasn't working anymore, my family was still quite a well-to-do family.

I waved her question off.

"She'll be fine after she punches the bed and couch." I told her.

"I'm going up now. Anything else?"

She slid an envelope towards me on the table. 

"There's a letter for you."

A letter? I rarely got letters from anyone. Nowadays people just email me. I took it from the table.

"Thanks." I went up the stairs and into my room, chucking my bag at the side and falling onto the bed. I quickly took out what was in the envelope and there was an invitation card. 

It was for a vintage clothing sale and it had a specific time. It was going to be today and at three fifteen in the afternoon. Now was just two forty-seven.

The address was the only odd thing. I've never seen the building for the address before in Forks, and trust me, I know every place in the town.

I quickly headed down to the kitchen again.