Chapter 4

"I don't think I've been here before," I told Edward. We were still in his house. I stared at the lavish furnishings and immediately knew that he was from a high-class family.

He frowned.

"You have been. I'm sure about that."

"Then I probably don't remember," I replied, faking a smile as he noticed my slip up. I hoped he was going to let me off.

"Do you want a tour, then?" He asked.

I jumped on my toes.

"Sure! Take me anywhere you want."

He placed his lips close to my forehead.

"Can I kiss you?"

"Yeah," my reply was a shaky breathy whisper.

He pressed his lips on my forehead and electricity fueled my heart rate to go faster. I reacted fast by pulling his head down to mine and moving my lips against his urgently. I pulled him closer, tiptoeing and grazing his hair through my fingers.

He didn't know what to do at first, but his response was what I wanted. He kissed me back, his arms winding around me tighter. I pulled back a little, stopping. He gave me a couple of short kisses before letting me go.

I smiled.

"That was amazing." I said, feeling his soft hair between my fingers for one last time before I pulled my hands back to my sides.

He chuckled softly, his crooked smile appearing.

"Yes it was."

"Now that's another thing we should do more often." I joked even when I meant it.

He swooped in for another short kiss and entangled his fingers with mine when he pulled away.

"I'll show you around."

He took me down to the first room on the second floor since the first floor was just the kitchen and living room and they were huge, as they occupied the whole of the first floor.

Edward opened the door of the room and it was filled with shelves of books. I was immediately taken aback by the collection of books in the large room. I wasn't exactly surprised to see that we weren't alone.

"Those are my maternal grandparents. They love being in this room, especially when I'm in here." Edward said.

His grandparents glanced at me and waved, giving me a polite smile. I waved back.

"Why?" I asked.

Edward pointed to the piano that was placed near the corner of the room.

"I play the piano. When I play a piece, they start to slow-dance together."

My lips curved up a little.

"Oh my god, that's so sweet."

He pulled me towards the piano and he let me sit down first before him. He cracked his knuckles before laying his fingers on the keys.

"Is this the only instrument you play?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"No. I play the violin and saxophone. You?"

I grinned.

"I play the piano too. Violin? A little."

"Then why don't you start off with your piece first?" he said.

"What are you going to play for us?"

I glanced at Edward's grandparents who were already dancing. I was wondering why since I hadn't laid my hands on the piano yet.