Chapter Two: The Adoption

Elijah's P.O.V

I was sitting next to Rebekah on our flight to Ohio. We decided a short journey would benefit the child better.

"This is going to be great." Rebekah grinned, since yesterday she wouldn't stop talking and I couldn't blame her.

"I know Rebekah and I am greatly excited too." I smiled.

She looked at me "Well you don't show it."

"That's because I have a lot more self-control." I pointed out, chuckling.

She laughed. I was extremely glad and lucky to have Rebekah because since the child was a girl there were some things I as a male gender couldn't do; For the sake of my humility.

We soon landed and we drove a car to the orphanage. When we arrived, we saw that none of the children were outside, which make it difficult for me to point out the child.

We went and knocked on the door and soon the housekeeper greeted us.

"Yes?" she asked.

"I am here to talk to Ms.Jackie." I said.

"She is out today I'm afraid, but her assistant is here, she may look young but she knows how to handle the official documents."

"Okay we'll talk to her." I nodded and walked in, Rebekah trailing along.

We reached the office and as we sat down Ms.Jackie's assistant offered us anything we would like to drink and we kindly declined.

"Hello my name is Katie Abrams and I am Ms.Jackie's assistant." she introduced herself and extended her hand.

"Elijah Mikealson." I said and shake her hand "This is my sister, Rebekah."

She shakes Rebekah's hand too.

"Mind me asking aren't you a little too young to work here?" Rebekah asks normally I would scowl at her but I was too interested myself and glad she asked.

"I don't work here, I go to Ohio's state College but just help around and when Ms.Jackie needs to be somewhere she calls me. I use to do my community and service here and I became dedicated and so Ms.Jackie made me her assistant , well more like little helper." She giggled. "So what can I help you too with?"

"We are here to adopt a little girl." I said.

"Which one of you is going to be the legal guardian?" She asked and took out some files.

"I am." I said.

"Do you know which child you want to adopt or would you like me to show them to you?"

"I actually do have a child in mind, although I didn't get her name."

"No problem, just tell me a few things you gathered about her." she nodded encouragingly.

"Well, she has long brown hair and she looked small and a few days ago she was sitting down on the ground while instead of playing with the other kids even when they offered her." I said hoping it was enough.

She started thinking and then smiled

"I think you mean Aria." she said

"That's such a pretty name." Rebekah said and I agreed. It was perfect.

" It is and if you two don't mind, I'll be back with her to see If she was the one in the meantime fill out this form." she handed us sheet of paper and left.

"I honestly can't wait." Rebekah said.

"I'm the parent." I smirked and she playfully punched me.

I was done with the form when Katie came back and this time with a little girl. I felt the draw to her and immediately knew it was her. She looked so small and perfect. The little girl looked up and I froze, she was the prettiest girl I have ever seen.

Her eyes were similar to mine but lighter and she had a few freckles on her nose, her lips were rosy pink and her cheeks were natural red. She was adorable; her brown hair almost reached her back.

"Would you like some time to yourselves?" Katie asked and I nodded, not taking my eyes off Aria.

She and Rebekah walked out.

As soon as Katie closed the door Aria's heart beat began rising and I frowned.

"Hello little one, there is no need to be afraid." I smiled and slowly walked towards her "I'm not going to hurt you."

I knelt next to her and gentle stroke her back. "Would you like to sit down?" I asked her.

She nodded and I lead her to the chair and help her sit on it her legs were so far off the ground.

"So Aria, how old are you?" I smiled.

She held up 4 fingers and then put them down again. I smiled she would start nursery soon.

"So Aria, what do you like to do for fun?" I asked making small talk.

"I don't know." she said and her voice was like a tiny angel.

"Okay then." She was the one; she even looked like me so it wouldn't raise any unwanted questions.

"I will be back in a minute, little one." I told her before walking out of the office, closing the door behind me.

I saw Rebekah talking to Katie. Rebekah looked at me a little worried.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Katie was reading Aria's file and then we came across something she didn't even know herself." She said almost crying.

"What was it?" I asked extremely worried I am already protective of my Aria.

"The reason she is in an orphanage was because she was being abused." Rebekah said.

I held my breath. Some people were too cruel, harming their own and especially at a young age, no wonder Aria is frighten, she must have been through a lot and being in an orphanage will not help.

Katie soon joined us and apologized for not mentioning it, but I quickly forgave her.

"I want to adopt her, I promise to give her the proper care she needs and all that she wants ". I said

"The thing is we need a background check just in case but I believe you two do not need that." she said grinning so wide the Cheshire cat would be jealous.

"Why don't we?" Rebekah asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Because I've heard a lot about you two, you are very popular in the vampire society and I haven't have heard word of you ever being abusive and I believe you too are very capable of handling the lust." She said and we both looked at her, its then that I don't hear a heartbeat from her.

"You're a vampire." Rebekah said and she nodded.

"I would like to take Aria now." I smiled.

"Just sign the form and she is yours."

I did and she left and a few minutes later came back with a small suitcase and Aria.

She said goodbye and Aria came with us. I haven't been as happy as I am now in a long time.

Aria Mikaelson... my daughter. I was overjoyed.