The Nightmare

Aria's P.O.V

A ear piercing scream woke me from my slumber and it was only when I felt daddy's arms lift me up and embrace did I realize it was me. My body immediately embraced my daddy , my legs wrapping around his waist and my arms clinging on to his neck desperately as a series of sobs took over.

He tried to calm me and stop my endless flow of tears staining his pajama shirt. Walking with me to the balcony in my bedroom he whispers soothingly into my ear , words of assurance and stability. " Hush now darling, you are safe. It was only a dream. Only a fragment of your imagination. "

My sobs slowly die down to whispering as daddy rocks me back and forth with my head placed on his shoulder. My distress soon ends with a series of hiccups.

Walking gently into the my bedroom , daddy carries me all the way downstairs to the kitchen where he then sets me on the island and grabs a bottle of water from the fridge. I take in big gulps of the refreshing liquid , before wiping my eyes and snot on the sleeve of my pajamas , only to receive a frown from daddy before he handed me a box of tissues.

Kissing my forehead , he once again lifts me up and this time I find myself in his bedroom. "Am I right to assume , you would like to sleep with me tonight" He smiles softly. Too tired to reply I simply nod my head.

After we get under the blankets and away from the chilly cold of November , I lay my head on daddy's chest listening to his rhythmic heart beat .

Daddy laid there stroking my hair. " What was the dream about this time?" He gently whispered.

Taking a deep breath I told him everything I could remember. Starting with being locked in a room full of mice all the way to them crawling up on my body and biting me.

Fresh tears ran down my face like waterfalls and I found myself once again crying.

"I was so scared daddy" I cried into his chest " I thought it was real , it felt real and it was so dark I only saw their red eyes"

Elijah sighed and continued rubbing my back " Oh my little Aria , I would never let anyone harm you , As long as I or any one of your uncles and aunt are alive , I swear no one will dare hurt you" He kissed my head once more , embracing me in a hug and held me there until I felt my eyes drop and I entered the dreamland knowing only one thing. No more nightmares were coming that night.