Chapter Two: Olivia's POV

(New York City)
* * * * *
I sit at my desk wanting nothing to do with anyone today. I have just lost my partner, my friend, and...and I think someone who loves me. I guess not since he doesn't care about me enough to at least say good bye. Oh well, I guess he never liked me so I won't be the one who sits and cries all day. Not me. There is a new guy here that is supposed to replace Elliot, like that could ever happen. 'Shut up about him already, Olivia. He's gone, he never cared for you, get a grip!' I silently yell at myself. Anyway, his name is Nick Amaro, there's another new detective starting here today. Her name is Amanda Rollins, I think she's transferring from Dallas, whatever, she's just another person trying to fill Elliot's shoes.
I am just sitting down with my coffee, in my favorite mug here, as the elevator opens to reveal a beautiful, blonde, gorgeous, did I mention beautiful, woman with a box in her hands. I can't help but stare at her she's so beautiful, until she sees me. I quickly return to my paperwork, as always on slow days, slightly blushing. What am I doing? I have a weird feeling in my chest. I just want to see her up close to make she she isn't a dream. How can someone be that beautiful and not be a dream? She walks into Cragen's office with a smile on her face, could this be the Amanda Rollins joining their squad? Munch catches me staring and says, "See something you like, Liv?" "Oh, shut up" I say receiving a laugh from the older detective. Honestly though I did, she was absolutely gorgeous and I am stuck with figuring out what she put in my chest that immediately brightened my mood which made everyone else happy.
* * * * *
We all go out to to a bar to welcome the newbies. I can hardly take my eyes off of Amanda until Fin is sitting next to me saying "What's up with them eyes of yours?" "Huh?" I reply very confused. "They aren't leaving my new partner, more like her ass, but y'know." He shrugs and I slightly blush but it's invisible with the lighting here. "Nothing is up and I don't know what you're talking about." I say as-a-matter-of-fact-ly . He just laughs and whispers to me as he gets up "I think she has wandering eyes too." I turn then locking eyes with Amanda and we both start to blush. I get up and walk over to her, as I do, she looks down at her beer and smiles when I sit across from her. I can see the guys look at us and start murmuring amongst themselves. We talk for a while, until 10:45, when everyone starts leaving. We all say farewell and go our separate ways.

Hello from skittles to those who are reading this. I know this one was a bit shorter than the first one but like I said I suck at this. I also changed it up a bit so they had a slow day instead of the high profile case they actually got and Liv was happy towards Amanda and Nick. Please leave comments and suggestions for me to improve the story or my writing skills. Hope you liked this one.

                          -Skittles