Chapter Four: Amanda's POV

I am walking down the sidewalk towards my favorite coffee shop here in New York and look at my phone. Right as I start to look up, a little boy runs into my legs. He looks at at me and what I'm wearing with a sense of longing in his eyes. Then a young girl, no older than seventeen runs up behind him, "I'm so sorry about that, ma'am! My brother wasn't watching where he was going." She says. "Sorry." Says the little boy. "Where are you two going in such a hurry?" I ask them. "That coffee shop." Says the young girl. "That's where I'm going too, why don't I buy you guys something to drink and you tell me why you're messy, and don't have shoes?" She thinks for a moment, "Okay, but you have to promise not to call our parents." she says finally. I think for a moment now and reluctantly agree to her terms wondering, why wouldn't she want her parents to know that she's in New York, alone with her brother, and without shoes. "Ok, but is it ok if I have a friend come down here to talk with us?" I ask. "Sure" Says the little boy enthusiastically smiling at me. I can tell he doesn't know why they had to leave but I can tell his sister is so worried about it, but I smile back at him with a smile just as big as his.
* * * * *
I call Olivia and tell her to meet me here and that it is urgent, "Be there in five." She says. She arrives and walks into the shop. She immediately sees me and walks over, "Hey," she says "Hey, Everly, this is my friend Olivia, Olivia, this is Everly and her brother Jason. Do you mind telling her what you told me Everly?" I know how hard this is for Everly as I had seen my dad beat my mom so many times. "Um, sure" she says. As she tells Olivia what all happened, her brother, Jason, is looking at my phone and playing angry birds so he doesn't worry about what has, and is happening. When Everly finished, Olivia looked at me at me with sad eyes that tell me she has a sense of understanding for what they are going through. In all honesty, that makes me want to get to know her better, but only to help her, right? "Can I talk with you for a second, Amanda?" Olivia asks. "Yeah, sure, what is it?" I say as we walk away. "How did you meet these kids and why the hell don't they have shoes on!?"
* * * * *
(1-6 Precinct)
* * * * *
Olivia and I finally get Everly and Jason to the precinct with some some persuasion. Jason is sitting talking with Munch about something, I think dinosaurs, while Everly and Olivia are talking about what happened. I am now talking with Cragen. "Why are there two kids sitting in my station, without shoes, and no parents that know where they are!?" Cragen yells.

"I've talked with the girl, Everly, she won't give us a last name and her brother, Jason doesn't know it. All she's telling us is what she saw that their father had done to their mother-" "What did he do?" He interrupts me. "He shot her while the two kids were asleep" I reply. "Well we can't call the parents then." He says bluntly. "No sir we can't, what are we going to do then?" "Try to keep working on her."

"Ok Cap, but, where are they going to stay, it's not like we could put them in a hotel, for all we know, their father does know they're here!" "You'll think of something, but for now, maybe they could go to the bunks to sleep or just have John play with them, he seems about that age." He jokes. "Can do sir!" With that I leave his office.

Hey everybody who's read this or is reading this! I'm sorry for not updating this like I was wanting to, I don't really have an excuse so I'm not going to try to give you one.(sorry). Shout out to @NickBensonforlife for urging me to write on this again, thank you so so much for that encouragement! Until next chapter (which I hope to have up sooner than this last one lol) skittles is out! Oh and my friends changed my nick name so I am and shall forever be known as BISEXITOROUS!!lol bye!

-Bisexitorous