Chapter Three: Jason's POV

(Forest)
* * * * *
Everly wakes me up and it is really dark out side still. She picks me up and puts me outside the window for some reason. I ask her what's going on and she says "Nothing, but we have to go." "Why?" I ask. "Just because Jason," I don't like when she says that to me. I'm a big boy, I can know the answer to things. "Now run!" I can tell that's she's scared so now I'm scared but I run anyway like she says. We run forwards to the forest, she always told me never to go in there, so I stopped. She yelled at me, "Run!" So I did. I heard a big, loud, scary 'BANG' as something flew past my face, I screamed a little. Evy told me to keep running and she stopped, I look at her and I'm about to run back to her when I see Daddy in the window having a gun in his hand. I run even faster and Evy catches up to me. She is faster than me so she picks me up and tells me to go to sleep, before I can ask her her to sing, she starts humming Heart Dreams and I finally go to sleep.
I wake up and see flowers, and trees, and bushes, and the sun but no Evy. "Evy?" I yell trying to find her. "Yeah, Bub?" She says as she comes out of some bushes. "Where are we?" "In the forest" "Why not at home?" "Because, Jason." "But why?" "Cause it's not safe there." She says after a long pause. "Why was Daddy trying to hurt us?" I ask. "I don't know," She breathes "But we can't go back there." I am about to ask why again but then my tum-tum talks first. "Grrrrmm!" We giggle and Evy holds my hand as we start to walk. We reach a stream and I see fish, my tummy rumbles again so Evy tells me to stay here. She comes back with a pointy stick, I know what she's gonna try to do, I saw it on TV once. She tries hitting the fish with the stick, I'm putting rocks in the water to stop the fish and accidentally squish one of their fins. "Sorry" I say as Evy picks it up, she puts it on some leaves and tells me to make a circle of rocks while she keeps trying to stab at the fish. I'm done now and she grabs two rocks and starts hitting them together, by now we have three fish to eat for breakfast. I'm getting bored so I try to climb a tree and 'WHOOSH', Evy starts a fire. She stabs a stick through one of the fish and puts it over the fire as I make leaf plates for us. It's only then I see I have little twigs and little bit of blood on my feet, we left our shoes at home!
* * * * *
(2 days later)
* * * * *
I finish my breakfast and ask "Where are we going?" "I don't know for sure but I can quietly hear some cars and stuff so we might get some real food when we get there!" She replies smiling. "Yay, when will we get there?" "Don't know Bub but let's walk faster today, okay?" "Okay!" We walk for a while before I can hear the cars too. I start jumping up and down as Evy tells me to calm down even though she has a smile as big as mine on her face. We come out of the trees next to a few houses and walk past them towards a road. I can't help but smiling when I realize where we are, New York City, I can see the big buildings from here! We keep on walking even though our feet hurt until we see lots of people, buildings, and streets.
Evy found some money on her pocket so we start running towards a coffee shop when I run into a lady as I'm telling Evy to hurry up. She was pretty with blonde hair, pretty eyes, and nice cloths, I wish I had nice cloths. Evy runs up to me and apologizes to the lady, "I'm so sorry about that, ma'am! My brother wasn't watching where he was going." she looks down at me as I say "Sorry ma'am." "Where are you two going in such a hurry?" She asks "That coffee shop." Evy says pointing at it "That's where I'm going too, why don't I buy you guys something to drink and you tell me why you're messy, and without shoes?" She adds as an afterthought, Evy thinks for a minute "Okay, but you have to promise not to call our parents." Now it was the lady's turn to think "Ok, but is it ok if I have a friend come down here to talk with us?" "Sure" I say as she smiles back at me.

Hey to those reading this. I hope you liked this chapter. It was a little bit weird for me to come up with what they were gonna do on their own which is why I would love to hear your guys's suggestions and comments and all that good stuff. Hope you liked this one and further ones to come.

-Skittles