Chapter Five: Everly's POV

(1-6 Precinct)
* * * * *
It's been a few hours since Amanda and Olivia brought Jason and I to the station. "He's everything to me. All I do is for him, so he doesn't become like them." I say to Olivia as I watch him with a sad smile, his eyes lighting up as he pointed out different dinosaurs on his pajamas to the older detective.
I could feel Olivia's eyes on me as I gave him a reassuring smile when he turned and ran to me. I grunted as I lifted him onto my lap, despite how we were living, he was still growing. "When did you get so big?" I playfully shook him and he giggled. "When we ate those fishes with the leaf plates!" He said excitedly. He turned to Olivia and became really shy, hiding his face in the crook of my neck. "Hi." Olivia whispered with a wave. He looked at me before I nodded and he waved back.
He yawned and I looked at the time, 12:34. "You hungry, Bub?" I whisper to which he nods and rubs his eyes. "Alrighty then, are there vending machines around here? A granola bar or two should fill him up." I ask Olivia before standing up with Jason on my hip. She also stands but shakes her head. "How about I buy you some real food." She's says not leaving any room for argument. "Fine, but he should really sleep. Would it be too much trouble to ask you to bring it here?" I ask bashfully. Olivia opens her mouth to answer before Munch jumps into the conversation.
"Why don't you go put him down for a nap, Fin and I can go get you some food, and a pair of flip flops at least." He jerks his head towards his partner who gives a small smile as he rises from his chair. "I guess that's worked out for now then." Amanda's voice sounds from behind us as I hold Jason closer to me and jump back in surprise. "Is ok, Evy. Juss Manda." The sleepy head on my shoulder says. "Sorry, we should probably go lay down now. It's been a while since I've slept." I say, blushing profusely as I scurry off to the bunks.
I walk into the room with Jason passed out in my arms. I set him down on the furthest bed from the door and cover him with the thin blanket tucked into the mattress. I lean over him and place a kiss to his forehead before sitting on the floor beside the bed. Gently stroking his hair, I press my forehead against his as a tear treks down my face.

So... I've been gone a long while and a lot has changed but I'm not gonna let that change what I think was going on with this story. *finger guns*😅 As I've said, a lot has changed and I go be Cybelle now, and I'm pretty sure my writing skills have improved. No, I hadn't abandoned this or my other stories but was merely separated from them. If you have any suggestions or think I'm leading off the path you felt like I was on comment and let me know, please. I'm glad to be back everyone😏.

-Cybelle