No Luck

Third Person POV

When Annabeth heard the horn sound, her heart leapt into her mouth and she dropped what she was doing, sprinting for the border.

Part of her hoped Percy was with the Hunt. The other part of her was terrified that he was with them.

The Hunters of Artemis had returned to Camp worn out, dirty, and tired.

But most of all, they were unsuccessful.

Percy was no where to be seen in the group and the girls all looked extremely.

A smug smile twitched at Annabeth's lips. "No luck, girls?" She called sweetly.

All she received were glares in return.

Chuckling, she watched as the girls file past her.

"What are you laughing at, Male-lover?" One girl sneered as she passed.

Annabeth shrugged. "Well, you, but I thought that was pretty obvious."

"We'll find him. Lady Artemis will find whoever you paid to keep us off his trail and kill them too, the filthy male-lover, and then we'll find and kill him as well."

"How do you know it's a 'male-lover' and not a male who is outsmarting your immortal hound dog?" Annabeth asked.

The girl's eyes flashed murderously. "Because no male would be smart enough to outsmart Lady Artemis. And you should show respect. She's the best goddess there is, not obsessed with love or something else so trivial and stupid."

"I'll show respect when she earns it and stops trying to kill my boyfriend, who can and will definitely outsmart her. He has so far."

"That's because someone else is throwing us off the scent!" The girl shouted angrily. By now all the Hunt and several groups of campers had gathered, listening to the argument.

"Percy's getting by right now on his own." Annabeth lied easily. She knew he had help but it wouldn't hurt to discourage and humiliate the Hunters a little more. "He's got you thoroughly confused, even Artemis. You won't find him."

"Oh yes we will." The girl sneered. "And we'll make you watch us cut his head off."

"I don't think Percy will allow that. And if he does, for some idiotic, selfless reason, I won't let you touch him." Annabeth growled.

"You won't be able to stop us."

"Watch me." Annabeth marched off. She wished she could IM Percy somehow, but IMs required a place, she couldn't just ask Iris to try and find him, especially if he was laying low. Iris was probably required to tell Zeus where Percy was if she found him anyway.

"What happened?" Nico fell in step with her.

"Got into an argument with one of the Hunters." Annabeth played with the tassles of her sweatshirt, the one with the gray owl and trident.

"Haven't seen them yet...did they find him?"

"Judging from the irritation, anger and foul attitudes I'm getting from all of them, no."

"Well that's a good thing." Nico smiled, then his face dropped into thoughtfulness. "Have we checked Camp Jupiter?"

"I asked Reyna to keep an eye out."

"What if he doesn't look like him?" Nico suddenly asked.

"What do you mean?" Annabeth asked.

"Well, Aphrodite took him somewhere, what if he looks different? She could have worked some magic."

"Gods, that's a good point... Think she'll answer if I pray to her or something?"

"Uh, probably not. Maybe Piper can help." Nico shrugged. "I'm going to Camp Jupiter, just to look around, see if he's there."

"I'll IM you if I get ahold of Aphrodite and she tells me anything useful."

"Thanks." Nico jogged off and Annabeth watched him hit the shadow of a large tree and disappear.

With a sigh she started towards the Aphrodite cabin, looking for Piper.

-----------------------------

Nico stumbled out of the shadow of one of the towers on the Field of Mars. He could immediately see people running around. Lares were floating everywhere as well.

"What's going on?" Nico asked the nearest two, Leila and her half brother Neville.

"New kid, Praetor Zhang wants him to do the combat test for his cohort." Leila answered.

"Why is that?" Nico frowned. Camp Jupiter almost never did combat testing.

"Took out a gorgon on his way into camp." Leila shrugged. "Apparently he stole Daniel's dagger right off his belt and just hurled it."

"I saw him a little earlier." Neville put in, his thick accent booming in his chest. "Kid's got no muscle whatsoever. He's skinny as a twig."

"How old does he look?"

"'Bout 14 or 15. He's pretty short too." Neville shrugged.

"Everyone's short to you." Leila retorted.

"That's pretty old for a demigod." Nico said. Too young to be Percy though, his mind added.

"The combat test is going to start pretty soon, want to sit with us or are you going to find Hazel?"

"I'll go look for Hazel. Thanks you guys." Nico nodded and ran off.

A combat test. This could be interesting.

[A/N Look a chapter! I forgot to tell you guys I would be at camp this weekend XD sorry!]