All Work and No Rest Makes Annie a Tired Girl

Third Person POV

Annabeth groaned in frustration. "Why can't we find him?!"

"It's Percy. If he doesn't want to be found, he won't be." Nico pointed out.

"I know, but does he have to hide from everyone?"

"Apparently." Nico shrugged.

"Did you find anything at Camp Jupiter?" Annabeth asked him.

Nico shrugged. "Just a snarky 14 year old who had something to hide. I'm not sure if it was related to this or he just didn't want to talk to me."

Annabeth sighed. "This is so irritating."

"I know, I'm sorry." Nico sighed and placed a hand on her shoulder. "I think we should bring Steve and Bucky into this."

"This isn't Steve's world." Annabeth said firmly. "I won't let him get hurt in a fight he doesn't have to be in."

"Annabeth, I know you're his older sister, but he's definitely not a kid anymore. He's been physically older than you for almost 70 years. Let him make his own decisions, for gods' sakes."

"Don't use that tone with me di Angelo."

"I'm just trying to say that he knows what he's doing." Nico said. "Besides, this is Bucky's world and he hasn't met any of his siblings."

Annabeth sighed loudly. "If you think they need to be brought into this, fine. I'll call them."

"Don't act like this is me forcing you into this." Nico retorted. "You make the final call, but I think they should be involved. Percy is their friend too."

Annabeth waved him off, rubbing her forehead. "No, it's a good idea. I'm just tired and not in the mood to be dealing with anything, especially not the gods or the fact that Percy's disappeared off the face of the Earth."

"Tell you what," Nico said, standing and stretching. "I'll make the call, you go to bed. I'll tell them to come tomorrow at around 9:30, and we can meet them there then."

Annabeth started to protest, but a yawn overtook the words.

Nico chuckled at her. "Go on, before the cleaning harpies are out."

"Alright... Make sure to tell Steve this doesn't have to be his fight."

"I will, but do you really think it will change his mind?"

Annabeth shrugged. "No. Goodnight Nico."

The son of Hades watched her leave through the Big House window and made sure she went back to her cabin, then went to the back room where Chiron had a fountain for Iris Messages. He started the thing up and lit the flame behind the focus lense, since there was almost no sunlight.

"Oh Iris, Goddess of the Rainbow, show me Bucky Barnes at Stark Tower."

The mist was blank for a moment, then showed a table with several people sitting at it.

"Horrible time to call, Nico, really." Bucky shook his head as he finished chewing whatever it was he was eating.

"What is that?" The redhead next to him asked.

"That is an Iris Message." Steve said.

"Sorry for interrupting your dinner, but not really." Nico said. "Bucky, Steve, we've decided we need you two on site to help us with this manhunt. Annabeth is overworked, I can just tell it, and without Percy here, you two are the only people I know who can help me keep her from running herself into the ground."

"So you want us back at Camp?" Bucky asked.

"Yeah. Is that a problem?"

"No, not at all." Steve waved him off. "When do you want us to show up?"

"9:30 tomorrow, Annabeth and I will meet you at the border."

"We'll get packing then." Natasha said.

"Um, no." Nico said. "Only Steve and Bucky."

"Absolutely not." Clint spoke up. "Steve is part of our team and if he is in possible danger, we want to be by his side."

"Steve will be perfectly protected at camp, he'll be surrounded by competent fighters who have taken down more enemies than you've probably ever seen." Nico scowled.

"It's fine, it'll just be me and Bucky." Steve promised.

"Oh, Annabeth wants me to make sure you know that this isn't your fight, but I told her it wouldn't matter to tell you that."

"You're right. I don't care. She's family." Steve said simply. "We'll see you tomorrow."

"Bucky, do you still have your sword?" Nico asked.

"Unfortunately not."

"Right, I'll get up early and make sure the weapons shed is open so you can find something new. Steve, you might have to turn your shield over to the Hephaestus kids so they can modify it to fight monsters." Nico nodded to the two of them. "Goodnight."

"Night, di Angelo." Bucky nodded before Nico slashed the message closed.

He rubbed his eyes, and stretched again. He was feeling just as stretched as he assumed Annabeth felt.

"Bedtime." He muttered to himself, leaving the Big House and heading for the cabins.

[A/N so that's what's happening at Camp Half Blood. Next chapter could be Percy's side of things, but no promises yet. It could also be Annabeth and Nico meeting the boys at the border (more likely)]