Check-Ups

Percy was groggy, and it was pretty clear he had a concussion, but Annabeth was elated to realize it was him, not the Sea Warrior persona.

Nico went off to find a proper healer (he was probably going to get Will, if the group was honest, they all knew it), and Annabeth sat on the edge of the infirmary cot, taking Percy's hand.

"You've got a strong kick, you know that?" Percy brought his free hand to his forehead, touching the gauze wrapped over the gash that Annabeth had left there.

"Desperation does wonders." Annabeth laughed a little. She could feel excited tears all of a sudden and tried to keep them down.

"Hey hey hey, Wise Girl, don't cry." Percy let go of her hand and reached up, brushing his thumb across her cheek. "I'm here, I'm mostly okay, we'll make it through this."

Annabeth nodded weakly, smiling a little. All the stress of the past days poured out in her tears, once it had started she couldn't stop. Percy opened his arms and she leaned down, burying her head in his shoulder and feeling his arms around her as she let everything go.

For a while, the room was silent except for her soft sobs. Steve busied himself with folding up the extra blankets that Annabeth had discarded. 

"Feeling better?" Percy finally asked when she'd quieted. She sat up, smiling weakly, and nodded. "That's good."

He sat up a little in the bed, and Annabeth got up to grab him another pillow.

"How about you, Buck?"

"What was on the knife?" Bucky asked him, leaning back on a few of his own pillows. 

Percy paused, thinking. "I'm not sure. I didn't coat it. I did dilute it though, so hopefully that helped a little bit."

"Wait, you diluted it? I thought you were full Sea Warrior."

He shrugged. "It was sort of... half and half I guess? Like I had one hand on the controls. Kind of weird, actually. I 'accidentally,'" he made air quotes, "dropped it in the shallows, it must have been a liquid-based poison. Did you feel it?"

"A little bit, a couple hours ago, but it went away pretty quick and the doctors who checked me said there were no toxins."

"Well that's good."

Nico peeked in. "Oh good, you're still awake. Will, he's awake."

"Did you drag that poor boy all the way from New York?" Annabeth shook her head.

"Yeah, why did you think it took me so long? I had to do little shadow jumps so I didn't pass out on the way here or on the way back."

Will was holding a bag when he walked in, and he walked over to one of the free beds by Percy's cot. He glanced up at Nico and raised his eyebrows, pointing at one of the other free beds.

The son of Hades huffed out an irritated sigh and walked over as well, flopping onto the bed and pulling the pillow under his head. "Happy?"

"I'll check you after I check the other two."

Annabeth muffled a laugh at the exasperated expression on Nico's face. She stepped out of Will's way as he picked a few things from his bag and turned to Percy.

"I was told you've gotten ambrosia, but let me check the gauze on your head."

Percy sat quietly and let the son of Apollo do his work. Annabeth went over to the bed Steve was sitting on, sitting next to him and resting her head on his shoulder quietly.

"I can't speak for your mental state, but you're healing nicely for the most part when it comes to the physical stuff." Will said finally, shaking his head. "You're lucky you got here fast enough for them to give you some ambrosia."

"I'm lucky I'm not dead." Percy grunted. "What about the concussion?"

"Seems pretty mild." Will frowned. "Which is a bit worrying to me, because you clearly had some head trauma."

Steve nudged Annabeth a little, hiding a smile. She shoved him and got up. "Is there any explanation for why it isn't as bad as it should be?"

Will looked up, and she could see the smile dancing on his lips before he spoke.

"Well he's pretty hard-headed."

"Hey, you've only known me for a few weeks, you can't make that call." Percy complained.

"If you're anything like your cousin, I can say that with the utmost certainty." Will shrugged, looking back at the two children of the Big Three. Nico groaned and hurled his pillow across the room at his boyfriend.

[A/N enjoy the sort of fluff for now kids, it won't last for long... peace, love, all of the above]