Fixing One Problem to Make the Others Easier

"I've been here before."

Annabeth nodded, sighing softly. "Yeah, Percy. You have."

Percy shook his head. "It's so frustrating. Nothing looks familiar."

"I know, Seaweed Brain. I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's not your fault." He sighed and leaned on her a little more so he could shift his grip on the cane that Steve had gotten him.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Annabeth asked as they walked through Olympus. With one of Percy's arms around her own, and his other using his cane, his gait was pretty even for once.

"I really don't feel like living with these issues forever, Wise Girl."

She sighed and nodded, kissing his cheek. "No, you're right. This is what's best."

Percy smiled crookedly at her. "Honestly Wise Girl, do you want to deal with a handicapped demigod for eternity? I know you love me but that's going to eventually become a pain."

"I don't care what I do, so long as I'm still with you." Annabeth shook her head. "We've been over this."

He chuckled, then looked up as they came to a huge white marble building. "Let me guess- Olympian bathroom?"

Annabeth laughed. "Throne room."

Percy waved her off. "Ah, that's what I meant. Got the words mixed up."

"I know, Seaweed Brain." She rubbed his shoulder gently. "Ready to go in?"

Percy nodded, taking a deep breath. "Lets get this under with- that's not right."

"Now I know you're nervous. You mix your words up more when your anxiety levels are higher." Annabeth shook her head.

She helped Percy up the stone steps of the Olympian Throne Room and then knocked on the massive double doors and waited.

They finally swung inward, allowing the two demigods to walk into the room.

The Olympians were assembled, and they all sat up in interest when Percy hobbled in, leaning heavily on his cane. Annabeth watched for signs of him needing more help, but she figured he wanted to try and do it on his own.

They reached the center of the room and stopped. For a moment it was deathly quiet, then Percy spoke up loudly.

"Wow. I don't recognize any of you people."

Annabeth muffled a laugh. He really did try to make the best of his conditions, and the enraged looks that crossed several faces were completely worth it.

"Percy... how are you?" Poseidon asked slowly.

"In pain and miserable, most days. Thanks for asking... Poseidon?" Percy guessed. His father nodded and he grinned, then turned to Zeus. "Guessing by where you're sitting, you're the big thunder, so hello Zeus."

"Jackson." Zeus nodded slowly. "How are you faring with your...."

"Problems?" Percy suggested cheerfully. "Ailments? Issues? Fine, for the most part, no thanks to all of you."

Again, gods bristled, but Percy ignored it and stared Zeus down.

"What can we do for you two?" Hera asked. Her approval of Annabeth and Percy seemed to have grown. It might have been the wedding rings.

"We're here to get our immortality reversed." Percy said confidently.

"Are you sure?" Poseidon blurted.

"We are." Annabeth nodded, taking Percy's hand.

"Why?"

Several other Olympians echoed the confused question.

"Well, I'm kind of screwed up, as you all can see." Percy shrugged, looking down at himself. "It wouldn't be very fun to deal with all of that forever."

"Apollo could heal you-" Poseidon started.

"So you all can throw me into your next war?" Percy challenged. Annabeth squeezed his hand gently in warning. "No thanks. I'd rather just be a regular demigod who can die to mortal circumstances."

Zeus seemed like he was going to argue, but Percy stared him down.

"Fine." He said finally. "We shall remove your immortality."

The torches in the room dimmed and each god who had been present when Annabeth and Percy first received immortality stood up, stretching their arms out. They formed a huge circle around the two demigods and began to chant in Ancient Greek.

Annabeth felt it leaving. Like she'd suddenly lost her energy and needed a nap. She made sure Percy wasn't going to fall over.

Finally the chanting finished. The gods returned to their thrones and sat quietly.

"It is done." Hera nodded to the two.

Percy nodded. "Cool. Annabeth, I think we have an apartment in New Rome waiting."

Annabeth smiled and helped him turn and walk out of the Throne Room. "We do. And when we get there I'm going to make sure Bucky didn't sneak in again."

The doors to the Throne Room didn't close, but it didn't matter.

Neither of them looked back.

[A/N HELLO FRIENDS. 'Tis I, resident life-ruiner. I hope you enjoyed this book, with the twists and drama I dragged into it. Peace, love, all the above!]