Chapter 2.12 (The flaming bird)

Happy birthday Artemis Lupin! and for her birthday I will upload the two most important chapters today....if I have wifi that is because I'm currently in Espagne and for all you Spanish people out there your internet sucks. But the weather is nice so I forgive the bad reception. Anyway enjoy!

♡♡♡♡

There's absolutely no excuse for laziness...but if you find one, let me know.

Artemis decided to forget about her mother for now. Harry wanted to find Justin Finch-Fletchley to explain what had happened yesterday. Ron and Hermione were arguing in the common room and Artemis decided to go to the library, partly to study but mostly to avoid facing Hermione who kept asking Artemis if she was okay.

"You know, hiding from Hermione in the library might not be such a good idea." Elizabeth snickered.

"Well, this isn't the first place she'd look for me, is it? And I told her I was with you so she would definitely not expect me to be here."

"True." Elizabeth nodded. She hadn't even bothered to open her book. She was staring out of the window, watching the snow fall, while twirling her long darkbrown hair.

"So what's on your mind?" Artemis asked as she looked at Elizabeth over her Charms book.

Elizabeth shrugged and kept twirling her hair. It was weird to see Elizabeth do something that made her look so innocent and cute. Artemis knew Elizabeth was all but that.

Artemis frowned at Elizabeth. Something was obviously up. Elizabeth looked like she was thinking hard about something and seeing as Elizabeth never thought about anything, this sort of worried Artemis.

"Effie..." Artemis said, a little whine in her tone. "What're you thinking so deeply about?"

"Your brother." Elizabeth said absent-mindedly. "He's a little weird, isn't he?"

"It took you a year and a half to figure that out?" Artemis scoffed.

"It's just....he annoys me." Elizabeth said as if it was the weirdest thing that ever happened to her.

"He annoys everyone. It's what he's good at." Artemis said.

"I know...but he's a bit like me, isn't he?"

"Are you worried people think you're annoying?" Artemis said, not understanding what Elizabeth was talking about.

"I don't care what people think." Elizabeth said honestly. "But he annoys me because, for some strange reason, I do care what he thinks."

Artemis looked at her in surprise. Elizabeth and Jace had been annoying each other since they met. They were always competing about the weirdest things and hardly ever talked without screaming at each other.

However, Artemis knew they didn't actually hate each other. They were just too much alike to really get along.
That's why it surprised Artemis that Elizabeth cared what Jace thought of her when she didn't care what everyone else thought.

"Is there....I don't know....maybe a possibility that you...like Jace?" Artemis said, trying to hide a smile.

"What?" Elizabeth immediately lost her far-off look. "Me..." She pointed at her face. "Like that....that insufferable little....no way."

Artemis raised an eyebrow. "Merlin's beard! You're lying!"

"I'm not!"

"Yes, you are." Artemis tried to contain her excitement because they were in a library but she couldn't help a little squeal from escaping. "If not to me than to yourself. You like my brother!"