Chapter 2.14 (The empty diary)

Big things often have small beginnings.

"No, it looks way better over here, though." Artemis said, pointing at the spot.

"Nuh-uh, if you put it over there it will be the first thing you see in the morning."

"Yeah, but there the sun will shine on the silver, which will make it glow."

Selena pouted. "It always stands over there."

Artemis rolled her eyes. "Do what you want. I'm going to wake Jace."

"Good luck! He's not a morning person."

"Well, he spend the last three days with his girlfriend so I'm pretty sure he's in a good mood."

"Girlfriend? Wait! What? When? How? Ari!" Selena ran after her sister.

"Where did you think he was? The Weasleys stayed at Hogwarts over Christmas break and he obviously wasn't with Luca either."

"He told me he was with Lee..."

"Well, he wasn't. He was with Rosemary Chase."

"He actually has a girlfriend? But he's disgusting!"

"The girls at Hogwarts obviously don't think so." Artemis smirked.

"They just don't know him well enough." Selena snorted. "Oh, bubby! Wakey, wakey!" She said softly as she sneaked into his room. Artemis followed her. She was up to something that's for sure. Selena stayed quiet for a moment and then she started jumping on top of Jace, yelling on top of her lungs. "JACE CYGNUS LUPIN!" She screeched. "HOW DARE YOU NOT TELL ME ABOUT YOUR GIRLFRIEND!"

He groaned. "Artemis...you told her?"

"I did." Artemis smirked evilly. "I already spoke to dad about it. He was quite surprised too..."

"...Ari..."

"He asked me to invite her over for Christmas. She'll be here in..." she looked at the clock on Jace's wall. "About ten minutes, I reckon."

"Ten...you...you....I'll kill you." Jace jumped out of bed and hurried into the bathroom, wearing only boxers.

"You don't have time for that." She sang as Selena giggled. "See, Lena, I told you I could get Jace out of bed. Let's go! I still need to get dressed and that stupid tree still needs decorating. Maybe Rosemary can help us."

Selena giggled again and they both got dressed. Artemis quickly braided Selena's long, light-brown hair. The bell rang. "She's here!" Selena chirped as something in Jace's room got knocked over. He cursed loudly.

In the living room stood a rather pretty girl a few years older than Artemis. She had long brown hair and chocolatbrown eyes. They weirdly reminded her of Ginny's but not with her warmth. She was tall, not much shorter than Jace himself and she looked around the room in distaste.

"Hey Rosemary, I'm Artemis and this is Selena. We're Jace's younger sisters." Artemis smiled warmly.

"Oh, I know who you are." Rosemary laughed. "Everyone at Hogwarts knows Artemis Lupin. You're one of Harry Potter's best friends and according to the Daily Prophet his girlfriend but I don't believe that." Rosemary threw her hair backwards, looking extremely amused.

"Why not?" Selena asked suspiciously.

"Because she isn't pretty enough, of course. Why would someone like Harry Potter fall for someone like her?" Rosemary scoffed.

"You little b-" Selena jumped forwards.

"...Goodmorning, love." Jace had entered the room. He hadn't noticed his sisters' glares and skipped over to Rosemary. She pulled him towards her and they started snogging right in front of Artemis and Selena. The youngest gagged.