The Heirs: Chapter 1 (The last Gryffindor)

The Hogwarts castle
Scotland, Great Britain
June 3 970

"Gwendolyn! Gwendolyn!"

"What is it, aunt?"

"Come quick! They have arrived!"

Gwendolyn sighed. If there was one thing she wanted to avoid happening, it was this meeting. After her father died Gwendolyn and her aunt Geraldine had been taking care of the castle by themselves but women weren't supposed to own an estate without a husband. She could lose everything.

It was either finding a suitor to marry or selling the estate. Seeing as Gwendolyn was still much too young to marry at ten years old...she had to sell her father's home.

She straightened out her deep green dress and hurried towards the Entrance Hall.

"Ah, your Highness, may I introduce you to Mr. Godric Gryffindor, Mr. Salazar Slytherin, Miss Helga Hufflepuff and Mrs. Rowena Ravenclaw."

Gwendolyn curtsied. "Its an honour to meet you. I, of course, heard all about your impressive achievements. Not many yield a wand as well as you do." 

"Thank you, your Highness. I'm glad to hear you appreciate our work. Your father was a great man, a great king. I was deeply taken by the news he had left us." Salazar Slytherin said smoothly. His voice was like caramel...soft and sweet...rolling over his tongue as if those words were made to be spoken by him. 

Gwendolyn studied his features. He was, without a doubt, a handsome man. He had long black hair that fell sleek next to his rather pointy face. He was pale with a very noticable chin sticking out. His eyes were a dark and mysterious green. Not like the grass Gwendolyn enjoyed to roll over or her favourite gemstones, emeralds...No, they were posionous, almost inhuman and they made the hairs on the back of her neck stand up.

He was smiling politely at her but his eyes flashed wickedly.

"Yes, well, even the great fall. And without a male heir I'm afraid the royal bloodline ends with our princess Gwendolyn." Geraldine wrapped her arms around the girl's shoulders. "But we both agree that the castle shouldn't be lost. We have considered your proposition to built a school inside Hogwarts and we agree that it is a good idea seeing the current environment in which people like us have to live. With your help and guidance I am sure many young wizards will turn out great in years to come."

"That is the idea, my lady. If you agree on our terms Gwendolyn is more than welcome to spend the next seven years with us learning the art of magic and after that she's still allowed to stay, of course. It will always be her home. Her heritage."

"Thank you, Sir Gryffindor. It is more than we could hope for." Gwendolyn curtsied again.

Godric Gryffindor was very different from his best mate Salazar Slytherin. He was a handsome young man with auburn hair and deep-blue eyes. He oozed charm and masculinity as he towered over everyone else. His slightly tanned face was friendly yet strict. He smiled at her like a father would smile at his child.

He was wearing scarlet robes and a belt from which a sword was dangling. He had a tall golden wizard's hat and his hair was no longer than his shoulders, and unlike Slytherin's, neatly kept.

Where Slytherin and Gryffindor were close in age - Gryffindor was 28 and Slytherin 32 - Helga Hufflepuff and Rowena Ravenclaw were not. Rowena must've been around 45 and Helga was the oldest with the age of 60.

Helga had long, fair hair. Her face was very pale and her eyelashes light making her look like she had just risen from snow. Her eyes were a warm brown. She was only slightly taller than Gwendolyn and quite plump. Over all she looked like sweet grandmother.