Finally, freedom!

Ah, well, please read ? thanks <3

---

Chapter One: Finally, freedom!

“Katie?” I call out, untying my green apron from my waist. “Let’s go!”

                She pokes her head into the kitchen of Starbucks, where I stand, purse in hand. “Is it time already?” Kate Pontillion, my best friend, glances up at the clock which reads three o’clock. Her face lights up as she processes that our shift is over, and she rushes into the back, tearing off her apron, and grabbing her phone and car keys.

                Before I know it, she’s out the door, this time calling my name. “Gwennieee! Time to go and set up your new home!”

                I laugh, following her out the backdoor, and jog to my car, where Kate is impatiently pulling on the passenger door handle. “It’s not even your apartment and you’re ridiculously excited!” I exclaim, sliding into my seat and turning on the engine.

                She bounces up and down in her seat, sticking her tongue out at me. “Oh puh-lease,” Kate says. “We both know how much time I’m going to spend in your fuck-awesome apartment, so it might as well be mine too.”

                “Bitch,” I chuckle.

                Kate shrugs, unfazed by my term of endearment. “You’re the bitch, Gwen. Lucky fucking bitch.” After a moment, she adds: “Lucky fucking rich bitch.”

                “My parents are rich, hon. Not me. Why else do you think I work at Starbucks?”

                “Fine. Your parents are rich, but you’ve got them wrapped around your little pinky finger, so hypothetically you’re filthy rich too. And you’re only working at Starbucks for the employee discount!”

                I roll my eyes at her. “Whatever,” I mutter, cutting off the engine, after I finish parking in the parking lot.

                Kate flips her blond hair over her shoulder like a diva. “You know I’m right, sweetie. Now c’mon, let’s goooo!”

                She grabs my hand, pulling me past a multitude of doors and hallways, until we reach the door labeled, 401, which she swings open.

The apartment itself isn’t very large, but I wouldn’t describe it as small, either. Two guest rooms, a master bedroom, living room, and kitchen. Perfect size, just for me.

But the sensations I feel when I first step into my new apartment are out of this world! It was like a new door had opened in my life (both literally and figuratively), and for the first time, I was completely in charge of it. Doing whatever I want, whenever I want, no one breathing down my back to criticize me, parties all day and night, and of course, sexy time with myself, and on occasions, a guy.

Freedom.

Freedom is an exhilarating feeling.

                “Aw, those moving guys are so nice! They moved and built all the furniture already!” Kate squeals, spinning around in a circle on the hardwood floor.

                All the furniture is new and modern, despite my protests to my parents, and not-so-surprisingly, it’s all set up, at my parents’ request. It almost looks like a page from an interior designing magazine…

                “I love it.”

                “I know, right? This apartment is so sweet!” Kate exclaims, as she runs to the balcony. “You’ve got a view of the pool and workout room, though. Although, that could be good! You could like, check out all those yummy guys swimming around, or decide to go down there when they are, right?”

                I laugh at the devilish grin she has on her face, and pick up one of the boxes full of clothing that has not been unpacked. “Sure, whatever you say, Katie.”

                She nods, staring dreamily as she leans on one elbow on the balcony rail. “Like that guy. Let’s go swimming now, Gwen!” Kate walks away from the railing, picking up another box full of clothing, and following me into the master bedroom.

                We set the boxes on the bed, open them up, and start to put all my clothes away in the walk in closet and wardrobe. Kate pulls out a tight black dress, holding it up to me. “You know what? Let’s go clubbing tonight instead!”

                So bipolar today, I think, smiling. “But we gotta unpack all the rest of my stuff! You promised!” I protest, hanging shirts and dresses up in my closet.

                “I know, I know, but you don’t have that much stuff, so we can do all that before we go! Think about it as like, a welcome to your new home party!” She holds up a lacy black bra, wiggling her eyes suggestively. “You can wear all these sexy undergarments… maybe introduce yourself—and your lingerie—to an unsuspecting guy? Pleeaasseee, Gwennie-Bear? For me?”

                I fold a pair of jeans and place it on a rack, pausing to tie up my brownish/blondish hair in a bun. It would be nice to go out for a night… and I really don’t have that much stuff left to unpack… and it would be nice to meet someone…

                “Oh what the hell, let’s go,” I say, and Kate fist pumps the air. “But,” I add, “Only if all my stuff gets unpacked before we have to go.”

                She bobs her hair up and down enthusiastically. “Aye, aye, Captain!”

---

Next chapter is about twice as long ! please read, vote, and comment :]